Home

How do we deal with trash players in ranked...

This is a discussion on How do we deal with trash players in ranked... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 07:51 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do we deal with trash players in ranked...

Did you say Jab Spammer ? Come on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #26
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
Did you say Jab Spammer ? Come on
I Lol'd when I saw that one.

Like the slip straight/hook/uppercut isn't there to counter people who throw way too many jabs. There's so many things you can do to counter people with the right amount of practice.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
Figured I'd see what brilliant words the community had before letting you know I don't have a problem stopping them....
Old 09-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
So to sum up this thread in a simple Q & A.

Q: How can we clear the top 100 of people who don't follow realistic fighting principles but know how to play UFC3?

A: You can't.

At the end of the day it's a game with rigid mechanics that can be exploited. Some players use certain tactics more than others because they excel at them or because the general public has no idea how to deal with it. You can't stop that from happening. That's literally what competition is about.
I hope a day when the game punish unrealistc tactics... but we all know that have the “casual ****”
Old 09-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
The point is not stopping them from playing like that, its about keeping the guys at the top actual skilled and competitive players... Not gamers that know how to manipulate the game mechanics...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
What's the difference between manipulating game mechanics and being a skilled and competitive player? I see this comparison a lot and it's always so ambiguous. A skilled player is good at manipulating the game mechanics in their favor, but a player that manipulates game mechanics to win is still skilled in at least some regard to effectively reproduce the same results in the face of legitimate competition.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
What's the difference between manipulating game mechanics and being a skilled and competitive player? I see this comparison a lot and it's always so ambiguous. A skilled player is good at manipulating the game mechanics in their favor, but a player that manipulates game mechanics to win is still skilled in at least some regard to effectively reproduce the same results in the face of legitimate competition.
I think he tryed to say something like “unrealistic tendecies/strategies” should not be a viable thing.. i think who try to play this game realistic always feel disadvantage against arcade guys who would do a haddouken if they could...

But in other hand... if you get skillz u can win against those guys... but the fight its gonna be ugly
Old 09-05-2018, 05:32 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
I hope a day when the game punish unrealistc tactics...
I don't think that's possible tbh.. It's the nature of videogames we're talking about here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
I think he's talking about people being good using real life fight principles and people being good by using UFC3 specific principles that wouldn't necessarily translate well into a real fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 11:15 AM   #32
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Exactly.

Ill win or die playing sim. But youll NEVER catch me doing some cheezeball **** just "because it works". We're playing an MMA game, so lets play 'MMA'. That's my thing. There are plenty of other games out there if you wanna mash combos and play some crazy, frenetic, arcade fighter... But this is MMA. So come on.

Is there skill in exploiting and manipulating mechanics to be more effective at gaming the game? Oh yeah, big time. But why? Why are you playing an MMA game if you could care less about MMA?

My brain is just wired in a totally different way because I just can't understand it. I don't see what enjoyment comes out of playing the game like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »