Home

WMMA5 - Be A Manager

This is a discussion on WMMA5 - Be A Manager within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WMMA5 - Be A Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I havent tried 5 but I played 2 and 3. I like the game alot but you have to like text based sims since there arent any real graphics and you dont control who fights. I think I still have 3 on my computer.

- It was easy for me to install and there are likely FAQs on the forums that will walk you through installing mods.

- They could apply this to UFC 4 if they decided to focus all of their mode development time on adding these features. WMMA is deep as hell. Its not just a matchmaker game. You are negotiating deals with TV networks. You are scouting and negotiating deals with fighters. You are resigning your fighters. Drug testing (Dont see the UFC allowing that in their game).

There are definetly things that EA could add but keep in mind the depth of WMMA is related to the fact that the team at Grey Dog has done nothing but add features over 5-6 yrs. The interface has stayed the same. Graphics are the same. When you focus solely on mode building you can do that.
You should get commission, this thread made me buy the game. I'm just playing with the default database, so GAMMA and ALPHA-1 ( supposed to be like UFC and PRIDE ).

I'm playing as ALPHA-1 and it's super fun, easily sunk over 20 hours already and love planning the events/building hype for fighters and seeing them succeed or fail. The default database has so many colorful characters too that are very similar to popular icons from that time ( Palmer Lette is basically Bob Sapp ).

I signed a bunch of bantamweights and featherweights and threw them into a combined weight class to fight for the belt ( will eventually split it into 135 and 145 )

I also started a womens division, super fun game. I'm gonna finish this run with ALPHA-1 and then do GAMMA, after that i'll experiment with the mods more.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #10
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

I really like the mod cuz it's easier to remember things. oh ONE Championship stole my Japanese fighter? I can understand that. Oh i got Hellboy to main my show? I can understand why.

I just put on the greatest event in London, infront of 146 people..... Now I have 31$ in my company account.

Defunct city, here we come
Old 10-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #11
Pro

Btw it’s definitely possible to add tendencies in the form of Attributes. I’m a modder for the game and I’ve made a balanced expansion for the base game where fighters behave how i want them to behave. A pity you haven’t got full control over talent level but then again it makes every game different.

I’m preying there can be a community-wide effort to improve the UFC/real mod. But it’s such a monumental task that it pains me to even think about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 03:38 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
You should get commission, this thread made me buy the game. I'm just playing with the default database, so GAMMA and ALPHA-1 ( supposed to be like UFC and PRIDE ).

I'm playing as ALPHA-1 and it's super fun, easily sunk over 20 hours already and love planning the events/building hype for fighters and seeing them succeed or fail. The default database has so many colorful characters too that are very similar to popular icons from that time ( Palmer Lette is basically Bob Sapp ).

I signed a bunch of bantamweights and featherweights and threw them into a combined weight class to fight for the belt ( will eventually split it into 135 and 145 )

I also started a womens division, super fun game. I'm gonna finish this run with ALPHA-1 and then do GAMMA, after that i'll experiment with the mods more.

I think it was the second version that I really got caught up with. I was running the game’s version of the UFC and I was trying to sign the game’s version of Fedor who was fighting in Japan and I couldn’t get the deal done. I remember being furious. Lol. Like legit angry that he kept turning down my deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think it was the second version that I really got caught up with. I was running the game’s version of the UFC and I was trying to sign the game’s version of Fedor who was fighting in Japan and I couldn’t get the deal done. I remember being furious. Lol. Like legit angry that he kept turning down my deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Haha, I don't have too many issues with the game yet. One thing is maybe some of the fighters can be divas and won't fight deserving high ranked guys because they're not a big enough draw.

I haven't had trouble signing anyone except the #1 Featherweight Philip Ziskie, he basically said F me and went off to GAMMA ( UFC ) to dominate there

Their fame is also relative to the region they are fighting in, I believe.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:05 PM   #14
Banned

So I'm definitely thinking of getting this.

It says 1-8 players can play. Is this online? I would love to compete against y'all trying to build the best organization.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:53 AM   #15
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
It says 1-8 players can play. Is this online?
I don't think so. You'd have to pass a savefile around like it's 1999.
Quote:
I would love to compete against y'all trying to build the best organization.
Haha! I'm sure negotiations would be a damn nightmare. I can keep a grudge #Monopoly
Quote:
Having fun so far!

I'm so poor. Company is -8000$ in the red every month. We're not making enough money on these small quality shows. I go to Extreme Sport begging for a TV Deal, we need to keep the ship afloat.
they come back 4 days later with a no.

I'm dying here. I call in FITE TV, only station that will even take my calls.

Wait... I got it?? They're shaking my hand? I got a TV deal? just like that? thank you, sweet baby Jesus.

7 PPV show contract. First one is in Holland. 4 fights, quality is mediocre, but it will do.
45 000$ on the PPV buys! Thank god! thank god! I'm rich!

Wait? what's this?

-77 000$ production cost.

I'm losing money on this TV deal?? I'm 40 000$ in debt?? This TV Deal is the end of me!

- The rise and fall of a small Scandinavian MMA promoter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

It says 1-8 players can play. Is this online? I would love to compete against y'all trying to build the best organization.
Its not online but I think its similar to most text sim games. For about 2 years, I played an text sim called Front Office Football with a bunch of people from OS. I was the commish for a while.

What you do is you post the league file, each player makes changes (in WMMA's case, books fights and negotiates) and sends the file back to the commish. The commish then uploads all of the files into the game and runs a sim once or twice a week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »