Home

Pre-denying transitions : questions

This is a discussion on Pre-denying transitions : questions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-denying transitions : questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
The biggest thing is remain calm on top or bottom. You want to strike but not too much that it would allow them a transition. Watch their fake patterns like u do their combos. Dont transition too much. Predenys are done by watching your opponent and banking on them to do something
What positions on the ground can be pre- denied and during what scenarios ?

I would appreciate it if you gave some more insight into this ?

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo

It’s not so much predenying on the ground or in the clinch, RT and a direction in these positions are your transitions if the opponent isn’t going that direction.. there is legit predeny for takedown and clinch because you can actually hold up or down... predeny in these positions is just your own reflexes and reading the opponent...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #11
MVP

Well I think holding down R2 in certain positions like for instance to guard against a RNC before you see the animation should be an option sort of like a protect your neck and forcing your opponent to set up submissions .

That would leave you open to other attacks tho .

Don't know if that makes sense ?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:

Any position but the ones that have to be predenied are momentum transitions. Its about watching your opponent
Old 12-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #13
Rookie

Any position can be pre-denied. It's best done to deal with the quickness of momentum transitions and also when they have GA advantage.

If they have GA advantage, their transition meter will fill up quick, so can be hard to deny off reaction. Take backside control for example, most people reading this will have noticed that players will block three strikes, then transition. It's because of GA, from the blocked strikes. If you're throwing punches here, pre-denying full guard will deny that transition, despite them having GA.

Same with top mount, postured up. The more you land on their block, the more GA they get. You can throw punches and pre-deny to the left or right - half guard.

This is where fakes can be introduced - to deal with pre denials.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Well I think holding down R2 in certain positions like for instance to guard against a RNC before you see the animation should be an option sort of like a protect your neck and forcing your opponent to set up submissions .

That would leave you open to other attacks tho .

Don't know if that makes sense ?

What you've described there is already within the meta of the grappling on this game. You have options in every position, but committing to one option leaves the other open.

If you're pre-denying the RNC, you're not hip bumping when they're throwing down punches... potentially breaking your block.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #15
Rookie

Most of the people you face that deny you all the time aren't predenying. I only predeny from side control and full mount mainly, and I only predeny from side control and mount maybe half the time. Grapple advantage is one of the most important things to consider. If you have maximum grapple advantage, there's no point in predenying because your opponents transitions will be so slow untill the grapple advantage returns to neutral.

Most of the denials are a combination of knowing what transition to expect and anticipating the timing. If you constantly try to predeny and fail, the grapple advantage will swing in favor of your opponent. It's also more camping the denial instead of predenying. I'll wait and have a transition in mind that I want to block, and then when I see movement I'll deny that way immediately. But, when your opponent constantly fakes it gets more complicated.

Advaita has the best denials in the game though. We both have monitors and it's not the same playing against us. I struggle to get a single transition over him half the time, it's his timing and understanding of what people wanna do in each position. Nobody even comes close to denying as often as he does and I've played all the top grapplers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 11:22 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
Most of the people you face that deny you all the time aren't predenying. I only predeny from side control and full mount mainly, and I only predeny from side control and mount maybe half the time. Grapple advantage is one of the most important things to consider. If you have maximum grapple advantage, there's no point in predenying because your opponents transitions will be so slow untill the grapple advantage returns to neutral.

Most of the denials are a combination of knowing what transition to expect and anticipating the timing. If you constantly try to predeny and fail, the grapple advantage will swing in favor of your opponent. It's also more camping the denial instead of predenying. I'll wait and have a transition in mind that I want to block, and then when I see movement I'll deny that way immediately. But, when your opponent constantly fakes it gets more complicated.

Advaita has the best denials in the game though. We both have monitors and it's not the same playing against us. I struggle to get a single transition over him half the time, it's his timing and understanding of what people wanna do in each position. Nobody even comes close to denying as often as he does and I've played all the top grapplers.
Advaita nrg.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »