Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Man, Juventus is a really fun team to play with! Such versatility of movement on offense and the midfield orchestra with Pirlo blends in perfectly. The defense is great too. As with the first demo, I'm having real fun playing defense first to create offense
Old 09-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #90

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
btw what is the best camera for console users??? I can't decided between Field Side, Vertical wide, or Wide... the only reason i like vertical wide is because it's easiest to shoot.. but I don't think i'm best playing this view in terms of passing and seeing everything. i think i'm leaning towards Field side at the moment what do you guys think?
I go with Wide. It's a nice middle ground between seeing the far and near side of the field, but also judging player position. I also recommend checking the radar often for guys just off camera. Also, make sure Tailing Camera is set to Ball.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #91
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

This game is just simply a better representation of the sport.

I'm a casual gamer and there were only maybe 2-3 shots on goal in the entire whopping 10 minutes of action.

In the other game..at least 10 shots would have been taken.

Definitely takes some time to get used to the difference in controls. But wow..this is some good gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #92
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
This game is just simply a better representation of the sport.

I'm a casual gamer and there were only maybe 2-3 shots on goal in the entire whopping 10 minutes of action.

In the other game..at least 10 shots would have been taken.

Definitely takes some time to get used to the difference in controls. But wow..this is some good gaming.
Agree 110%. I've been all for FIFA the last 5 years or so, but after playing the demo I agree wholeheartedly. I still think that when FIFA is played all-manual with another sim minded player it can be a totally different game, but the reality is that I mostly play against the CPU. This truly feels like football, whereas FIFA feels more like a constant forward dash to score without any real tactics.

First day buy. Might give FIFA a break this year, or at the very least I won't be purchasing it at launch.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 3

I use field side, but for night games the field colour looks really off, so I have switched to wide view. I so wish there was a custom camera, would have been that much better.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #94
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMania
I use field side, but for night games the field colour looks really off, so I have switched to wide view. I so wish there was a custom camera, would have been that much better.
Yeah PES need to improve their night game lighting, I read next year they will.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #95
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Agree 110%. I've been all for FIFA the last 5 years or so, but after playing the demo I agree wholeheartedly. I still think that when FIFA is played all-manual with another sim minded player it can be a totally different game, but the reality is that I mostly play against the CPU. This truly feels like football, whereas FIFA feels more like a constant forward dash to score without any real tactics.

First day buy. Might give FIFA a break this year, or at the very least I won't be purchasing it at launch.
Dem - is it really you? Where have you been, man!? Glad you're thinking about PES this year.

You are def correct about FIFA all manual - can't beat it. Try it on broadcast cam and it's even more of a challenge.

We are very lucky in this sport, gents. September/October is looking exciting already!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 05:17 AM   #96
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Dem - is it really you? Where have you been, man!? Glad you're thinking about PES this year.

You are def correct about FIFA all manual - can't beat it. Try it on broadcast cam and it's even more of a challenge.

We are very lucky in this sport, gents. September/October is looking exciting already!
Hey man, been busy but still alive. You playing on PS3 or PC? You know, if the demo is representative of the final product I'd be very happy even if you don't have the freedom that you have in FIFA. CPU teammates seem to actually WANT the ball instead of pretending like its nowhere near them. 2013 seems to have removed the "on rails" feel that plagued it for ages, and that makes me a happy camper (once you turn off most of the assist options).

The only two things that still bother me a bit are free kicks and how the dribbling moves are mapped. I don't really understand how to beat the wall in this game and special moves seem way too finicky in most cases, although I guess it prevents it from becoming a trick dribbling contest. I rarely used crazy moves in FIFA and I don't plan on starting now. Guess I'll get used to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »