Home

Can you guys try something for me? Tactics Related

This is a discussion on Can you guys try something for me? Tactics Related within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can you guys try something for me? Tactics Related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
Should have been more clear but I was never a long ball guy when it came to setting tactics unless it was paired with counter attack. Long ball paired with the possession tactic just made teams hoof the ball up field. Ugly football ugly crosses, and easy to defend and counter. With possession short pass play style crossing abilities for wingers come into play especially if you have the A..I attack from the wing. All that said, you wouldn't really experience the type of gameplay I'm talking about unless you tried my old file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Review, i know this question is a bit late in the day but I've started playing 2015 again because 2016 is a let down for me. Are you saying that I should give some wingers, side midfielders, and side backs the early cross card? I've just started editing the game so I could add it as I go along to players that cross the ball a lot, like Walker, Hazard etc...

Thanks
Old 12-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #18
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

As someone who has messed with tactics a ton, it is true that when you set a tactic the team will follow it too strictly. long ball and counter and the team will just kick it up field all game long, barely any short passes. They are too strict on following the tactics. Needs to be more fluid.

I agree with you gee1. PES gets individuality from playing style and player skills options, but they are under-utilized. There are entire teams where barely any of these are selected (pretty much NO ONE has the malicia skill selected, so why even have it in the game?) I feel like they ran out of time so just randomly assigned some to some players and forgot about the rest. Those options can make a huge difference on how playes and teams play.

The patch has helped (players actually track back) but still wish the D was more aggressive (though it is better, some slide tackles to stop passes and in air takcles), played some PES 6 with my bro yesterday and the CPU AI players stepped up all the time. They had a sense of purpose and desire.

Anyway, my two cents. With online dominating sports games, it is hard to see more time devoted to AI in these games. Just why I wish they would take a page out of Minecraft and let us edit the games more thoroughly. Like global editor and so on. Let us make the game the way we want it.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
Rookie

Yeh i think you are right dmendhall. Its a shame because i dont play online, im too much of a bad loser.

Im definitately going to add cards to some players. Im using PSD for my stats but will add cards too.

I started a ML in the championship and i was quite surprised how the teams were playing. Whipping crosses in and playing it short too. I was quite surprised as i havent edited them yet
Old 12-21-2015, 10:15 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee1
Hi Review, i know this question is a bit late in the day but I've started playing 2015 again because 2016 is a let down for me. Are you saying that I should give some wingers, side midfielders, and side backs the early cross card? I've just started editing the game so I could add it as I go along to players that cross the ball a lot, like Walker, Hazard etc...

Thanks

Ya. There are a lot of players who need editing. The right combination of stats and player cards will give you the best player individuality in PES. I skipped the game this year and bought FIFA instead. My first Fifa since 09. Having a blast with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »