Home

PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC)

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, PS4, 360, Xbox One, PC) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #161
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2018 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #162
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
LOL! No doubt a foul, but also like a bug to me. The term hit the ground running sprang to mind there. Amazing agility maybe....

One thing on fouls, it is pretty much a given the patch will not help with those. Bhatti has made several remarks lately on it. They are afraid it will ruin the balance as one adjustment throws another thing off. I think we know a bit about that when dealing with tactics, but it really sounds to me like they have no control over it as he did mention them needing to have new systems in place for fouls and referee logic. It will pretty much be up to us to get things in place to draw more fouls again this year. I think it can be done as Matt10s demo work already showed promise, just wait till we can get longer game length and other adjustments unlocked. If I can get it close to 17, I will be fine, but really hope they add something going forward.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
They are afraid it will ruin the balance as one adjustment throws another thing off.
One could be tempted to wonder if there's any balance to be ruined.
But hey, it's safe to say that this is what they want to try this year. Let's see how it will work out...

Last edited by Chrisx; 09-08-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:26 AM   #164
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I think this is spot on, as is JimmyDeicide's comments about fullbacks defending the wings. It's abominable, but I think our friend Matt10 has some ideas to fix with advanced instructions / tactics.

We'll see what can be done about midfield, but right now, it's a problem.

With that said, I dunno what to say...I absolutely love and enjoy PES 17 and very likely PES 18.

I'm very excited about the option files, master league, and another year of PES getting all my time and attention. It's just sooooo effing FUN.
I also enjoyed PES 17, not enough to play it all year, but i did play a ML until the end ant it was good.

But this year, there will be no day one buy of any football game for me, unless FIFA18 demo blows me away (highly unlikely from what i have seen on videos).

The good thing on PES demo is the length of it. Compared to FIFAīs is a much better way to gauge the state of the game. Unfortunately for them, it can also blow up in their faces, because you really do have time to notice whats wrong with the game... letīs see that day one patch, and what "general gameplay fixes" are included.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #165
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I've never picked up PES on launch day, does it have digital preload, or wait till release download?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #166
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
I've never picked up PES on launch day, does it have digital preload, or wait till release download?
I used to buy the phisical copy of the game, but i believe you can download the game a couple of days earlier to your hard drive and play it when it releases. But im not really sure...
Old 09-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #167
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT

One thing on fouls, it is pretty much a given the patch will not help with those. Bhatti has made several remarks lately on it. They are afraid it will ruin the balance as one adjustment throws another thing off. I think we know a bit about that when dealing with tactics, but it really sounds to me like they have no control over it as he did mention them needing to have new systems in place for fouls and referee logic. It will pretty much be up to us to get things in place to draw more fouls again this year. I think it can be done as Matt10s demo work already showed promise, just wait till we can get longer game length and other adjustments unlocked. If I can get it close to 17, I will be fine, but really hope they add something going forward.
I stand corrected, maybe. Bhatti just posted this:

"Hey guys, quick update. Team are testing something to increase fouls. Potential patch coming in a few months. Lots of testing taking place 👍
We pushed the topic, the team may have a solution. But of course challenge is balance, but I'm pleased it's being looked into deeper."

No guarantee this will happen, but glad to see them looking into this. Feedback works guys!
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
I think it have preload two or three days before release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »