Home

The Dark Knight Discussion **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

This is a discussion on The Dark Knight Discussion **CONTAINS SPOILERS** within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
The Dark Knight Discussion **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

All this X-Men and Spiderman talk just got me thinking...

I am less familiar with the Batman series compared to the Marvel flicks, but I am still a fan of the movies. Especially Batman Begins.

So, who are the villians for #2? It appears that the Joker will be involved, as he was introduced at the end of Batman Begins, but.... In recent interviews, they have said that "The joker role is a small and mysterious one in the sequel. It will be nothing like the Jack Nocholson-style showcares that the previous Joker provided.

Seems they would need another villain. Maybe the return of the Scarecrow? What about the Mad Hatter? Man-Bat? Killer Croc? Black Mask? Harley Quinn? Maybe an introduction with Harvey Dent?

The rumored list for the role of Joker include, Paul Bettany, Adrien Brody, Johnny Depp, Lachy Hulme, Jude Law, Guy Pearce, Sean Penn, and Hugo Weaving. Newest rumor has been big on Hulme lately. Which would make sense, especially if it were not a huge role.

What do you guys think? Have heard? Would like to see?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Batman 2 Discussion

harvey dent has a big role in the movie as well do alot of gotham's mobsters, plus all the prisoners from arkham that escape
Old 05-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #3
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I've heard the Scarecrow returns. Batman Begins was excellent, probably my favorite out of all of the recent comic movies, it was really well done. I love that they are going for good Batman villians, rather than easily identifiable ones(from the Adam West TV show) that the 90s Batman movies went for. I like the idea of having The Joker in only a small role for a movie, really set the stage for the 3rd film, it could work out really well if done properly. The downside is trying to get a bigger name to play the role.

Any word on when this one will come out? 2007 I'm hoping....
Old 05-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

After Depps performance in Willy Wonka...it might be interesting to see him as the Joker.

Harvey Dent is probably the most likely choice, with the Scarecrow also being involved.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
I've heard the Scarecrow returns. Batman Begins was excellent, probably my favorite out of all of the recent comic movies, it was really well done. I love that they are going for good Batman villians, rather than easily identifiable ones(from the Adam West TV show) that the 90s Batman movies went for. I like the idea of having The Joker in only a small role for a movie, really set the stage for the 3rd film, it could work out really well if done properly. The downside is trying to get a bigger name to play the role.

Any word on when this one will come out? 2007 I'm hoping....
Summer 2008.

Spiderman is summer 2007.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

2007 has ghost rider two looks like a big year
Old 05-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

What I like most about the new Batman movies is that it seems like each installment will flow much better then the ones in the 90s which were pretty much self-contained stories.

The other interesting thing is that you're not only seeing the evolution of Batman but the origins and evolutions of his rogues gallery. This is the perfect way to do a comic book movie series. If Warners really wanted to, Batman would be the best comic book property to use as a long term movie series a la James Bond.

Oh and i know this is a really old rumour but i've heard Robin Williams wouldn't mind playing the Joker (but I think he's too old for the part)

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-27-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm not exactly sure who the feature villian will be in the next film. The Joker will be in the next two, but I'm not sure how big his part will be and Two-Face will have his big role in #3. Harvey Dent will come into the fold as the new DA, and he with either become Two-Face at the end of 2 or at the very beginning of 3. Supposedly a "russian arms dealer" will be part of the film (possibly Penguin?). Other villians that have been rumored include Black Mask, Talia Al Ghul, and Salvatore Maroni. There's a very good Batman website which keeps up to date and is very reliable.

Link.

So far, the top rumored actors for The Joker have been Lachey Hulme and Paul Bettany. Hugo Weaving's and Johnny Depp's names have been thrown around a little bit, but I believe Hulme and Bettany are the front-runners. As for Dent/Two Face, Liev Schrieber and Jake Gyllenhal are in the mix. Also, Josh Lucas has expressed interest in the role of Dent here recently while promoting Posiedon.

All the major roles (except the villians) are confirmed for the sequel, which includes Miss Rachel Dawes.

Personally, I'd like to see The Joker off Dawes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »