Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2020, 01:19 AM   #13433
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
James Gammon is still my favorite thing about Major League.
That movie is just perfect in every way and brings you back to a simpler time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2020, 02:07 AM   #13434
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I watched the old b&w Perry Mason's as a kid. Super excited for Matthew Rhys in that role and to see how it is.

Ooo man, just got done watching The Americans and I’m now a Matthew Rhys fan, he’s a fantastic actor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 07-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #13435
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
Ooo man, just got done watching The Americans and I’m now a Matthew Rhys fan, he’s a fantastic actor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His disguises throughout the series were great.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2020, 07:30 PM   #13436
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I've watched a few old, and great, Alfred Hitchcock films over the years and I've always enjoyed the few I've seen, last night I finally watched Hitchcock's The Birds, but this is the first movie of his I didn't care for. I know I'm 57 years late to the show but: 2 thumbs down. it had so much potential but the accompanying story that set up the first hour just killed it for me. I was really hoping for something similar to The Happening. the bird attack scenes were really well done especially for a movie from 1963. wouldn't mind a fresh take on this with a better surrounding story since Hollywood loves to regurgitate old ideas.
Spoiler

yeah, I did just put spoilers around a film more than a half century old lol but here, I'll make up for that: ding dong the witch is dead, and the Oz Wizard wasn't really a wizard lol

A Work in Progress
Old 07-23-2020, 07:49 PM   #13437
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I've watched a few old, and great, Alfred Hitchcock films over the years and I've always enjoyed the few I've seen, last night I finally watched Hitchcock's The Birds, but this is the first movie of his I didn't care for. I know I'm 57 years late to the show but: 2 thumbs down. it had so much potential but the accompanying story that set up the first hour just killed it for me. I was really hoping for something similar to The Happening. the bird attack scenes were really well done especially for a movie from 1963. wouldn't mind a fresh take on this with a better surrounding story since Hollywood loves to regurgitate old ideas.
Spoiler

yeah, I did just put spoilers around a film more than a half century old lol but here, I'll make up for that: ding dong the witch is dead, and the Oz Wizard wasn't really a wizard lol
That's not really a spoiler anyway. It's more of an anti-spoiler.

That being said, that's what makes the movie most ominous to others; or rather, it's not the movie itself, but the real-life implications that could occur as a result of it. What is to stop birds from just absolutely revolting on us today and picking us apart from the sky? What if one day we became their prey? We're already living in fear of mingling with others, so what would going outside do next?

Here was a pretty recently posted video that makes you question what kind of hell is breaking loose sometimes (they weren't attacking people, but like the person filming I sure as heck would just stay in my car):

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-23-2020, 10:47 PM   #13438
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

Quote:
Spoiler

Not sure if they still show it but I think Starz or one of the premium movie channels would air episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" if you want more Hitchcock.

There is a really solid one with Telly Savalas.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 07-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #13439
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
James Gammon is still my favorite thing about Major League.
Charlie Donovan: How would you like to manage the Indians?
Lou Brown: Ohhhh, I don't know...

Over the last 31 years, I would love to have a dime for everytime that we've used that Lou Brown line, lol.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #13440
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I was really hoping for something similar to The Happening.
You may be the first person to ever say this about The Happening. No seriously, I haven't run across one person who had anything good to say about that atrocity. Wind? The enemy is.... wind? That's from the comfortably rich M. Night.

I think what The Birds brought at the time was playing on people's fears about an unexpected entity that is in real life around them every day and would never think about it. When they would replay it on TV, we always tried to catch it, just to get a glimpse of the farmer who was killed. That was as close to gruesome as you got on TV at the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »