Home

What's good to watch on Netflix And Other Streaming Platforms

This is a discussion on What's good to watch on Netflix And Other Streaming Platforms within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #2513
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: What's good to watch on Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I didn't read any reviews, I just dove right in and I did like it, thought it was a good movie that sort of made you think... I'd recommend it..
I didn't look at the reviews un till after words has I was just wondering what people thought and if they agreed with me or not. Yeah it did kind of make you think.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #2514
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I just watched this two days ago and thought the same as you. Good twist and a pretty good story. Felt a little rushed. I'd have taken another 30 mins or so to get a little more background. But all in all a solid sci-fi movie IMO.

Oh and I almost always disagree with movie reviews. I feel like a lot of reviewers a self righteous dicks to be honest. I'd much rather get an opinion from this sight then any review site.
The thing with reviews from critics is that at the end of the day its just another persons opinion only difference is they may be a little bit better at explaining how they fell about a movie no matter if they like a movie or dont. I just have odd opinions I guess because there are a lot and I mean a lot of movies considered good/great that I think are ok or even crap and a lot considered ok/crap that I think are good/great. I never really look at reviews to decide if I am going to watch something or not only reasons I really look at reviews is just to see if I agree with people or not.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:17 PM   #2515
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
The thing with reviews from critics is that at the end of the day its just another persons opinion only difference is they may be a little bit better at explaining how they fell about a movie no matter if they like a movie or dont. I just have odd opinions I guess because there are a lot and I mean a lot of movies considered good/great that I think are ok or even crap and a lot considered ok/crap that I think are good/great. I never really look at reviews to decide if I am going to watch something or not only reasons I really look at reviews is just to see if I agree with people or not.

This is me as well. For me it's pretty simple. I'll see a preview and I'll either be, "Yep looks good. Want to see it." Or, "Nope. I'll pass." Plus I'm easily entertained so there is that lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 11:17 PM   #2516
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
This is me as well. For me it's pretty simple. I'll see a preview and I'll either be, "Yep looks good. Want to see it." Or, "Nope. I'll pass." Plus I'm easily entertained so there is that lol.
Yeah trailers are my thing to decide. I can tell if I am going to like a movie or not from trailers like 99% of the time and even the few times I have truly felt disappointed by a movie most the time I still liked the movie over all just thought I would like it a lot more. Its very rare that I see a movie trailer and think this looks good/great and see the movie and end up not liking it at all. I can think of only like 5 movies I think ever that I thought I would like and ended up not liking it at all.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #2517
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Iron Fist Season 2 trailer.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:51 PM   #2518
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't really care for movie reviewers because I've always felt they're viewing the movie from the perspective of "will this movie win awards, will the actors win awards", whereas I'm watching a movie because I already have an inkling that I may like it, so I'm watching to be entertained.

I'd love to read some irreverent comedy review that said something like "this movie was so stupid, and I couldn't stop laughing, thumbs up!"

Maybe if reviewers were broken down into genres of expertise, they wouldn't care so much about how well done everything is, they'll care about how entertaining the show is within that genre.

Last edited by l3ulvl; 08-16-2018 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:59 PM   #2519
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
I don't really care for movie reviewers because I've always felt they're viewing the movie from the perspective of "will this movie win awards, will the actors win awards", whereas I'm watching a movie because I already have an inkling that I may like it, so I'm watching to be entertained.

I'd love to read some irreverent comedy review that said something like "this movie was so stupid, and I couldn't stop laughing, thumbs up!"

Maybe if reviewers were broken down into genres of expertise, they wouldn't care so much about how well done everything is, they'll care about how entertaining the show is within that genre.
You'll find what you want on youtube. Chris Stuckmann, Jeremey Jahns, Collider and John Campea are good reviewers
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 08-18-2018, 09:12 AM   #2520
KmK
Pro

KmK's Arena

OVR: 5

Watched The Package, didn’t expect a whole lot but really ended up liking it. Some really funny scenes.

I might of had a little extra motivation to laugh so you guys might not like it as much as I did.

LA Kings
San Diego Chargers
San Diego Padres
LA Clippers
UCLA Bruins

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »