Home

What's good to watch on Netflix And Other Streaming Platforms

This is a discussion on What's good to watch on Netflix And Other Streaming Platforms within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2023, 03:31 AM   #4217
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: What's good to watch on Netflix And Other Streaming Platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Even for somebody who has played the game, this episode ilicited the most "What just happened??" reactions out of me throughout. Also although I have already teared up several times watching this show in the first few episodes, this particular episode had found a way to make me bawl.
I just started watching last night and finished the fourth one just as the fifth and most recent dropped. Is the fourth episode the one you’re referring to?

Offerman was incredible in episode 3.

We have to wait nine days for number six?
Old 02-12-2023, 08:09 AM   #4218
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
It's sad how cable is looking like a MORE convenient option than something like Netflix. Sure, prices on cable still sucks, but depending what you watch, it might workout cheaper/better.

With cable, I can record shows/watch them when I want, and use a single remote to control everything. On top of that, I can watch it on any device, anywhere in the country. It's helped when it comes to small things like going on vacation. Ability to access my recorded shows to just watch at night on vacation (or even at lunch at work) was a nice feature to utilize.

Netflix not even allowing people to do something like watch out of home, unless you pay more, is definitely a good way to lose business.

I wonder what their response will be when the inevitable happens. Say that due to popular demand, they'll change things? Act like it was a mistake that wasn't actually supposed to be made?
Can't see how you can be comparing a $20 service to something that costs minimum $70. I feel worse about paying for YTTV than the few bucks I pay for Netflix especially since I can get as much TV as is possible with my $15 indoor antennas.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:40 AM   #4219

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Can't see how you can be comparing a $20 service to something that costs minimum $70. I feel worse about paying for YTTV than the few bucks I pay for Netflix especially since I can get as much TV as is possible with my $15 indoor antennas.
If it's just one streaming service then sure, but we know people will need to pay for multiple.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:37 AM   #4220
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I just started watching last night and finished the fourth one just as the fifth and most recent dropped. Is the fourth episode the one you’re referring to?

Offerman was incredible in episode 3.

We have to wait nine days for number six?
I was referring to the fifth episode.

And since this dropped on Friday, I assume we'll now return to your regularly scheduled Sunday airings.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-12-2023, 12:21 PM   #4221
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
I watched You People on Netflix with Jonah Hill and Eddie Murphy so you don't have to.
Watched this the other day and was in tears for most of the movie.

Still think Jonah Hill and Lauren London was an odd pairing but aside from that, this was a good movie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2023, 01:09 PM   #4222
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
If it's just one streaming service then sure, but we know people will need to pay for multiple.
My point was that even if you get cable or YTTV or Hulu Live you will still have to buy a few streaming services to get anything unless you want to go grey. The market networks are breaking out their better shows so you have to pony up 5 bucks each for them.. HBO and the other suspects get more than that so I don't see cable as a viable alternative.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:57 PM   #4223
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
But wow, they continue to shock and amaze while giving great, great character moments. I can't wait to see how they deliver the rest of the story! The only downside is now we have to wait nine days for the next episode instead of seven, haha.
What a gut-wrenching fifth episode. These monsters make their Walking Dead counterparts seem like nuisances.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:49 PM   #4224
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

A great 5th episode for TLOU. I like how they are balancing staying true to the game and deviating from it at the same time. I like knowing what's going to eventually happen, but the same time, it still hits you like the first experience. I also understand that they aren't trying to treat it like a game and have "gameplay" with the over-usage action scenes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »