Home

Furious 7

This is a discussion on Furious 7 within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2015, 12:23 AM   #17
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Furious 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Some of the action shots were awful. Just a lot of flying around. Gave me a migraine.

This being said, it took some serious willpower for me to not cry like a baby at the end. If they continue the franchise without Paul, it's gonna be a huge mistake, IMO.

If we're doing rankings...

1, 5, 7, 6, 2, 4, 3
The 8th one is already semi-confirmed to take place in New York. And possible spin-offs for Hobbs, Tej and Rom.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 04-04-2015, 12:41 AM   #18
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
The 8th one is already semi-confirmed to take place in New York. And possible spin-offs for Hobbs, Tej and Rom.

I'd be fine with that. I can't handle anymore of the whole crew. This one was too hard to get through.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #19
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

My order is: 5, 6, 7, 4, 3, 1, 2

2 Fast 2 Furious is so ****ing awful. The first one gets some slack for being the first, but as it ages, it does so poorly. Three should have been about Han and it would have been better. The drifting and the cars place it higher than the other two and it's pretty much tied with 4.

Five had the least to do with cars, but it was actually really good from an overall movie standpoint.

Saw this one last night and liked it. Like someone mentioned, the amount of times you have to suspend disbelief kind of drags it down from the last two which have their own moments like this. Still, really good action movie. Can't dislike that too much.

And both Tyrese and The Rock are hilarious.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #20
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
My order is: 5, 6, 7, 4, 3, 1, 2

2 Fast 2 Furious is so ****ing awful. The first one gets some slack for being the first, but as it ages, it does so poorly. Three should have been about Han and it would have been better. The drifting and the cars place it higher than the other two and it's pretty much tied with 4.

Five had the least to do with cars, but it was actually really good from an overall movie standpoint.

Saw this one last night and liked it. Like someone mentioned, the amount of times you have to suspend disbelief kind of drags it down from the last two which have their own moments like this. Still, really good action movie. Can't dislike that too much.

And both Tyrese and The Rock are hilarious.
I didn't mind 2 Fast as much as some. It wasn't anywhere near as good as the first, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Besides, Brian's Evo was so, so sick.

I don't think they anticipated Han being as strong of a character and as loved by the fans of the franchise as he turned out to be, initially. Hence why 4 through 6 take place before Tokyo Drift and feature Han.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 04-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #21
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Having just seen it, 5 is the best to me, 7 the worst, and 3 never existed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #22
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

man...that was a great tribute to Paul..
Old 04-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not gonna lie cried like a baby at the end. well not like a baby but it took me so much to not cry like a baby. a few man tears came out. anyways 7,5,6,4,3,1,2 for me.

2 Fast 2 Furious was really bad. The first one gets a pass for being made in 2001. But like someone said it gets worse as we get into the 2010's.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:07 AM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just came back from it. Never was over the moon by it, and it's hard to even say whether it was serviceable. I just feel that when you have a buildup with Jason Statham as a villain that he becomes more than just one-note. Every character in this one was very one-note, actually.

It's unfortunate the amount of liberties they started to think they could take with this franchise, beginning with FF4 (that's when things really started to slide in that department). There weren't too many issues like that in FF5, FF6 brought them back and FF7 was a parody of itself in that.

I didn't like the way the film was shot. I applaud James Wan for ambitiously taking on this project, but like FF4 there was just something very off about the cinematography and such in general. I'm not saying anything like "This is supposed to be Oscar-worthy stuff," that's not what I mean. Just the way FF4 and FF7 were shot in general bugged me. I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

This picked up well once they got to Abu Dhabi. I wasn't really into much before that, but that could have been more because previews gave way to some of what was going to happen. I'm not really sure. Once they got to Abu Dhabi though, things started to get better.

Great tribute to Paul, and I'm happy with how they ended it. I don't really think they need to return to this franchise, though. It's fallen so far away from its roots that I don't even think it knows what it is anymore. If it wasn't for the actors reprising their roles, this really would just be generic action. Nothing really stood out except for what it could pay homage to (and I'm glad that it did when it did).

Not looking forward to purchasing this Blu-ray, but I'm sure things can change.

EDIT: I might be coming off a bit too harshly, especially considering everything Wan had to go through to get this done. I can't even fathom how much of this film had to be re-written, re-shot, edited, etc. for it to even appear coherent like Paul was there during all of filming. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for that, but I just don't think the entertainment value brought up the essence of what makes FF for me... even though it had a plentiful amount of cars, LA and family-oriented themes.

I'm sure my stance on this film will change within the week, but only to pass 2. Probably not 6, and definitely not 5, 1, or 3. FF4 can remain right where it is.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 04-05-2015 at 04:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »