Home

The Irishman (Netflix Film)

This is a discussion on The Irishman (Netflix Film) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2019, 12:51 AM   #17
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The Irishman (Netflix Film)

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...ielsen-2019-12

Quote:
About 3.9 million unique US viewers tuned in to watch Martin Scorsese's new Netflix crime drama on its first day on the service, November 27, with an average minute audience — the average number of viewers at any given minute — of 2.6 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

But just 750,000 viewers, or 18%, actually completed the movie on its first day.

That might sound like a low number, but it's on par with Netflix's hit thriller "Bird Box" (18%) and higher than its "Breaking Bad" movie, "El Camino" (11%), which are both two hours long.

According to Nielsen, 17.1 million unique viewers in the US watched "The Irishman" over its first five days, from November 27 to December 1.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-23-2019, 12:23 AM   #18
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I really liked it.

I know the vogue thing is to trash it for the length, or the CGI makeup technique, or...whatever. But, this was a really good movie. My only regret is that Joe Pesci was so subdued in his role that he didn't even repeatedly stab someone in the neck with a pen. Too bad for that.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 12-23-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I really liked it.

I know the vogue thing is to trash it for the length, or the CGI makeup technique, or...whatever. But, this was a really good movie. My only regret is that Joe Pesci was so subdued in his role that he didn't even repeatedly stab someone in the neck with a pen. Too bad for that.

Yeah during the behind the scenes Scorsese talked about how Deniro and Pesci’s roles were reversed from what we’re accustomed to seeing.

I actually was a little bit sad at the end. Not for the story but for the fact that it made me realize how old these guys are now and how the gangster genre is losing their golden generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2019, 08:09 PM   #20
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

So what’s everyone’s thoughts on the Hoffa murder in this movie? There has been a ton of people that have came out and said there is no way that this is how he was killed. Apparently in the book the movie is based on. They say this is possibly how Hoffa was killed.
This link below is just one of a bunch that disputes the book and movie.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/martin...to-jimmy-hoffa
Old 12-27-2019, 11:48 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on the Hoffa murder in this movie? There has been a ton of people that have came out and said there is no way that this is how he was killed. Apparently in the book the movie is based on. They say this is possibly how Hoffa was killed.
This link below is just one of a bunch that disputes the book and movie.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/martin...to-jimmy-hoffa
I didn't really care about how or who was responsible for Hoffa's murder because it's altogether unprovable. If you want to take Sheeran's (De Niro) word for it which is the basis for the movie that's fine but I would give it about a 2% chance of happening the way he described it. The more important point is why Hoffa was killed-despite being well insulated by key mob friends his massive ego and delusions were ultimately his downfall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2019, 12:04 PM   #22
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I didn't really care about how or who was responsible for Hoffa's murder because it's altogether unprovable. If you want to take Sheeran's (De Niro) word for it which is the basis for the movie that's fine but I would give it about a 2% chance of happening the way he described it. The more important point is why Hoffa was killed-despite being well insulated by key mob friends his massive ego and delusions were ultimately his downfall.
Same, I could care less about how he died.

Props to Pacino though, he acted his a** off which is extremely rare for him these days.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:17 PM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
The Irishman (Netflix Film)

Ok we are going to watch the flick this week. Been putting it off long enough. Will share my thoughts afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-31-2019, 08:15 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Same, I could care less about how he died.

Props to Pacino though, he acted his a** off which is extremely rare for him these days.
LOL, can't comment on Pacino-haven't really seen him in anything recent except this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »