Home

2021-2022 TV Season

This is a discussion on 2021-2022 TV Season within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2021, 06:59 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2021-2022 TV Season

So don't care if it's unpopular or not, I like basic network sitcoms and can enjoy the laugh-track shows. I feel like as far back as since I moved to AZ (2002) that there's always been multiple good sitcoms on TV. Now I'm unsure where to turn now that Superstore, BK99, and Mom have ended. I don't care for B Positive or the Neighborhood. The Mayor show looked like it has potential, I watched 2 or 3 episodes (the Ted Danson show). I watched The Goldbergs for like the first 3 seasons before realizing it was always gonna be the same episode over and over and nostalgia only can carry you so far.

Any ideas? Or do I just get my sitcom fix elsewhere?
Old 09-27-2021, 07:05 PM   #18

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
So don't care if it's unpopular or not, I like basic network sitcoms and can enjoy the laugh-track shows. I feel like as far back as since I moved to AZ (2002) that there's always been multiple good sitcoms on TV. Now I'm unsure where to turn now that Superstore, BK99, and Mom have ended. I don't care for B Positive or the Neighborhood. The Mayor show looked like it has potential, I watched 2 or 3 episodes (the Ted Danson show). I watched The Goldbergs for like the first 3 seasons before realizing it was always gonna be the same episode over and over and nostalgia only can carry you so far.

Any ideas? Or do I just get my sitcom fix elsewhere?
I feel the same.

So many people hate sitcoms simply because of laugh tracks, but some of the best shows on TV were all sitcoms with laugh tracks.

Sadly, I feel like the hit sitcom era might be over. BBT was the last one for me that I enjoyed, but now that it's over, nothing else like that I can find/enjoy. Seems like many people just want dramas and reality shows.

Hopefully the "family sitcom" era mainly from the 80s and 90s returns one day.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:18 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I feel the same.

So many people hate sitcoms simply because of laugh tracks, but some of the best shows on TV were all sitcoms with laugh tracks.

Sadly, I feel like the hit sitcom era might be over. BBT was the last one for me that I enjoyed, but now that it's over, nothing else like that I can find/enjoy. Seems like many people just want dramas and reality shows.

Hopefully the "family sitcom" era mainly from the 80s and 90s returns one day.
There was a really good run of network sitcoms from at least 2002 until the last couple of years.

- The Office
- Two and a Half Men
- HIMYM
- Superstore
- BK99
- Big Bang Theory
- Mom
- Parks and Rec
- 30 Rock
- Modern Family
- Arrested Development
- Community
- Malcolm in the Middle
- Life in Pieces
- New Girl

I'm probably forgetting some. I loved Superstore, it's currently in place of The Office for my nightly show to fall asleep to. I don't know where to turn to now. Young Sheldon is a good background show but I want that next major hit like The Office to turn up soon!
Old 09-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #20

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
There was a really good run of network sitcoms from at least 2002 until the last couple of years.

- The Office
- Two and a Half Men
- HIMYM
- Superstore
- BK99
- Big Bang Theory
- Mom
- Parks and Rec
- 30 Rock
- Modern Family
- Arrested Development
- Community
- Malcolm in the Middle
- Life in Pieces
- New Girl

I'm probably forgetting some. I loved Superstore, it's currently in place of The Office for my nightly show to fall asleep to. I don't know where to turn to now. Young Sheldon is a good background show but I want that next major hit like The Office to turn up soon!
2000s and 2010s did have good sitcoms, but I meant those studio family sitcoms.

Like Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Brady Bunch, Full House, Home Improvement and all those ones.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:04 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
2000s and 2010s did have good sitcoms, but I meant those studio family sitcoms.

Like Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Brady Bunch, Full House, Home Improvement and all those ones.
Oh I know what you meant, I'm just looking for any good sitcom these days. But I watched that documentary on CNN about the history of the sitcom and if history is any indicator, the family sitcom will make its inevitable return sometime this decade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #22
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Heels starts this Sunday on Starz.

A wrestling show starring Stephen Amell (from Arrow). This should hopefully be real good.
I thought this was going to be absolute garbage, but I'm really enjoying this show.
Old 09-28-2021, 07:11 PM   #23

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I thought this was going to be absolute garbage, but I'm really enjoying this show.
I feel the opposite in a way.

I haven't gotten into the show like I thought I would. Feels like they just over utilize the 18+ rating on the show for the sake of doing so.

A wrestling show with extreme matches, blood and swearing and all that would be fine for the 18+ rating. But seems like every other sentence someone says is profanity, and there's a nudity quota.

I've gotten up to episode 3. Maybe it gets better after that?
Old 10-02-2021, 01:19 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

My issue with Modern Family was the predictability of calamitous results based on wordplay. Every single episode happened the same way, they'd develop a scenario that would get derailed because someone said something that could be construed as something else. I don't wanna hate on the show (even though it looks like I just did), but that's every single episode, no deviation.

edit: also, to add to the omitted show list, strongly recommend blackish, great show

Last edited by l3ulvl; 10-02-2021 at 01:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »