Home

Gone over to the Dark Side

This is a discussion on Gone over to the Dark Side within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2004, 03:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Gone over to the Dark Side

I'm sorry but the 2K series is the darkside.

2K's coach mode isn't broken. It has to do more with the CPU Vs CPU gameplay. This game was made to be played by 2 humans not watched. The problem with Madden is when playing it you have a hand in your team's success but not as much as you do in ESPN which is why I like ESPN better. The coach mode in Madden is better because the difference between the CPU and Humans running the plays is small. You could actually edit the player attributes in ESPN so you can get good coaching mode results but who would take the time needed to edit each and every player in the game?

Remember 2K is a human Vs human game first and everything else is second.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:06 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
Remember 2K is a human Vs human game first and everything else is second.
Interesting indeed. That's most likely the primary problem with it. I never thought about it like that but I was really feeling that way when I first got the game and was playing it as I hadn't converted to Coach Mode'ism yet.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:08 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant718
BTW,
Loved TLF.

Anyway, I enjoy ESPN 2k5 but w/ the poor roster updates & the plethra of bugs I think Im going back to Madden as well. I have played Madden since my C64 days (yes Im old) & this year & discovred ESPN, while I was impressed its just not the "GAME" that Madden is. But ill give them another shot next year!!
I can't believe I've found someone that remembers TLF. The graphics sucked, but that was an awesome X's and O's game. No NFL License either, so you didn't have any of the teams nicknames. But it was pretty awesome for its day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2004, 06:30 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Interesting indeed. That's most likely the primary problem with it. I never thought about it like that but I was really feeling that way when I first got the game and was playing it as I hadn't converted to Coach Mode'ism yet.
If you think about it all the complaints are about what the CPU does wrong. Me I could care less about what the CPU does because I play other humans online and offline. Anybody will tell you hands down ESPN is the best Human Vs Human football game but CPU Vs Human and CPU Vs CPU it isn't the greatest.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't understand the appeal of coach mode at all.

Why would you want to just sit around and let the computer do everything and just pick plays and watch?
Old 10-21-2004, 08:11 PM   #14
Pro

I could ask.... how can one be just a thumb jocky, depending on your reflexs to win a game??. But I can understand. I play that way, but as I have gotten older, I get more enjoyment out of this type of play.

Either way, its still fun.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
I can't believe I've found someone that remembers TLF. The graphics sucked, but that was an awesome X's and O's game. No NFL License either, so you didn't have any of the teams nicknames. But it was pretty awesome for its day.
Was that game for computer?

I think I remember a game like that on my grandparents comuter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2004, 11:46 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
If you think about it all the complaints are about what the CPU does wrong. Me I could care less about what the CPU does because I play other humans online and offline. Anybody will tell you hands down ESPN is the best Human Vs Human football game but CPU Vs Human and CPU Vs CPU it isn't the greatest.
I think when people complain about what the cpu does wrong, they mean the CPU teammates too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »