Home

why espn over madden

This is a discussion on why espn over madden within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: why espn over madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
The biggest thing for me of why I like Madden more is because of the following: I give Madden's Gameplay the edge (ESPN's is good though) and Madden's Franchise absolutly KILLS ESPN's.

I definitely agree about the Franchise in Madden. It sucks playing the same schedule year after year in ESPN. However, ESPN's gameplay is beautiful(especially w/Bill H. slider adjustments).
Old 11-01-2004, 09:57 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelor
What makes espn a better game than Madden? I ask because someone is willing to sell me Madden but I dont want to waste money on the game if it is the same as previous Madden games.
Madden is not at all the same as previous Madden games. This is a big year for Madden, alot was added and the game plays way better than any previous Madden. Although I like ESPN and think if you can afford it you should own both (ESPN for head to head gameplay and Madden for franchise & head to head either one) I have to say if I could only play one it would probably be Madden simply because ESPN has so many bugs this year and the franchise is lackluster.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 11-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Madden is not at all the same as previous Madden games. This is a big year for Madden, alot was added and the game plays way better than any previous Madden. Although I like ESPN and think if you can afford it you should own both (ESPN for head to head gameplay and Madden for franchise & head to head either one) I have to say if I could only play one it would probably be Madden simply because ESPN has so many bugs this year and the franchise is lackluster.
Maybe I dont see the difference because I dont play Madden that much. Dont get me wrong because Madden is a good football game. It just irks me that EA doesn't make more of an effort to keep its franchise on top. You have to admit, ESPN made a name for itself this year with the price drop and a quality game. They definitely increased their fanbase while some Madden owners now realize that there are alternatives. Are there bugs in ESPN, definetly. But even w/the bugs, its still on par w/Madden. IMO, EA has the resources to give football fans something special.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »