Home

Does EQ on even every thing out???

This is a discussion on Does EQ on even every thing out??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Does EQ on even every thing out???

Or do player ratings still matter.

I think I am going to try Bill's sliders but was wondering if we needed EQ on or off.

Also with his sliders were any roster changes done?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2004, 05:46 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Does EQ on even every thing out???

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
Or do player ratings still matter.
Supposedlt ratings still matter to a degree, but the differnce between the two clubs can be pretty insignifigant. I used it because it gets rid of a lot of the bad D play.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:18 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Supposedlt ratings still matter to a degree, but the differnce between the two clubs can be pretty insignifigant. I used it because it gets rid of a lot of the bad D play.
Supposedly ratings still matter to a degree, but the difference between the two clubs can be pretty insignificant. I used it because it gets rid of a lot of the bad D play.

Thought I'd try that again without all the typos. I was on my way out the door earlier and didn't use my spell-check.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

It does not make both sides even. It simply takes the 100 point scale for player ratings and essentially "squeezes" it down to an 80 point scale. So TO is still TO and Ray Lewis is still Ray Lewis and the Eagles and Patriots are still the best teams in the game. But with EQ on, you have a fighting chance when playing those teams.

As an added bonus, it also takes the scramble-and-lob players down a notch as DB play is much better.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:30 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit
It simply takes the 100 point scale for player ratings and essentially "squeezes" it down to an 80 point scale. So TO is still TO and Ray Lewis is still Ray Lewis
I’d say more like a 40 point scale... maybe. But there seems to be a slight difference for sure. And TO plays (and acts) like Keyshawn Johnson and Ray Lewis plays like Jason Elam and the Patriots and the Eagles are definitely better than the Dolphins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2004, 12:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't think that's true. TO will still kill you, you just have a better chance of covering him. More realistic if you ask me.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #7
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

no but it kills lobs somewhat ...You will still see weird plays on the ball but.. pics occur if they lob all day.. it makes the player respect the D a lil bit.Defenders AI as a whole goes up I even seen LBs come out of their zones to attack a Running QB..... TO takes a lil bit of a drop he goes from a 97 to a 88... thats a fair rating for me.. what hurts TO is his consistancy is already kind of low compared to the other top wideouts so he will drop some passes.. overall hes still good...

So 80 overall is the goal.. It works like this a 50 rated player needs 30 points to get to 80...So they get half of that.. becoming a 65... All attributes that effect the overall rating get a boost.. on the other end a 100 rated player is 20 over 80 they lose half that number and become a 90 overall.. now most stars are way overated and most scrubs are way underated.. I like how the game plays this way.. to each his own.. Pats will still kill the cards.. But a good player will be able to play a realistic game and thats real football to me

Basically good players are still good Micheal Vick is still fast. Ray lewis still cheats..lol
Old 11-22-2004, 09:41 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the game is way better with EQ on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »