Home

I think this game is scripted...

This is a discussion on I think this game is scripted... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2004, 08:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
I think this game is scripted...

I restarted the same game 5 times and all 5 times the same player got hurt on the opening kickoff. The first time I played I had to stop because I had to go some where and when I got back I restarted the game and the same player was hurt on the opening kickoff. It got me thinking...So I restarted the same game 3 more times after the 2 I already started and the same guy got hurt on the opening kickoff everytime. NOTE: The player was not on my team and this was done only as an experiment after the 1st do over due to leaving.

Anyone else experience anything similiar?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: I think this game is scripted...

It happends to me when you do the coin toss, i restarted a game 5 times and each time i selected "heads" and won the toss.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
It happends to me when you do the coin toss, i restarted a game 5 times and each time i selected "heads" and won the toss.
I could understand that because that is still 50/50 so winning 5 times in a row is not unheard of... However, for the same guy to get hurt on the opening kickoff in 5 games is a stretch, especially considering 3 of those games I kicked off first and 2 I received first.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:45 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondra12
I could understand that because that is still 50/50 so winning 5 times in a row is not unheard of... However, for the same guy to get hurt on the opening kickoff in 5 games is a stretch, especially considering 3 of those games I kicked off first and 2 I received first.
It's sarcasm.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-23-2004, 01:14 AM   #5
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

it happened to me with a ravens cornerback (i think cory fuller) (sp?). He tore his ACL evertime i restarted it (which was about 4 or 5 times.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2004, 09:44 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondra12
I restarted the same game 5 times and all 5 times the same player got hurt on the opening kickoff. Anyone else experience anything similiar?
My guess is you are playing Situation rather than Quick Game. It does that in Situation – I’ve seen 3-4 turnovers on the first play of the game, twice, after restarting a Situation game over and over. It’s just some weird thing. I’ve never experienced this in Quick Games.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #7
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Its a bug in Franchise Mode...at least thats what i have experienced

I'll explain: I was playing the Phins and i noticed in my email box that Zach Thomas was out for a few weeks with an injury...Zach Thomas, however was playing the next week, well until the opening kick when he got injured with whatever it was that he had previously...The game fails to register injuries sometimes until the game starts, i checked the injury list after my game and it was the same injury for the same amount of time only the game now had it listed twice, strange.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:14 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
Zach Thomas, however was playing the next week, well until the opening kick when he got injured with whatever it was that he had previously.
That about explains it. Some hidden Karma rating...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »