Home

Regarding a cheese play

This is a discussion on Regarding a cheese play within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2004, 05:51 AM   #1
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Regarding a cheese play

I played ESPN NFL 2k4 a lot last year and was usually ranked in the top 10. Last year I used the Patriots although usually everyone I played used the Raiders or Dolphins because they were the two best teams. This year everyone uses the Patriots and Eagles. Since the Pariots are the best team on the game I have decided to use the Colts instead. The Colts aren't a bad team but they aren't cheap like the Eagles or Patriots. Well anyway I don't cheat as some people do online. Last year I figured out how to stop almost evey cheap tactic or money play people would run. I have seen everything from putting in WR's at the tightend position to putting in an offensive lineman to do the kickoff (although they fixed that this year where you can call a faircatch, thank god). Well last year I figured out how to stop all those cheap tricks and thats how I got ranked so high. Well today I was playing a guy named Well168 who was ranked 11th. My Gamertag is OU Sooner 1984 and I am ranked around 230. Anyway, I figured he would try to pull some cheap stuff and he did. He called the exact same play every single time and ended up winning 41-35 in overtime. He had 461 yards passing and -18 rushing, just becaue I sacked him a few times. I just don't understand how calling the same play, even if you do win, can be fun. I like to call runs to set up playaction and try to and disguise my plays. I had 201 yards passing and 197 yards rushing so as you can see I play a balance and not cheap game. Well the play he kept calling was F Wing Jokers, PA Curls-n-Corners. He subbed out his TE's and put WR's in so he would have WR's going against linebackers. No problem, I have seen this before. I countered by subbing in some cornerbacks at the linebacker positions so I could match his recievers. Well he would just hot route one of the TE'S, which was actually a WR, to a fly route. I sat up my defense to defend it but no matter how good of postion I was in his players would always catch the ball. Most of the time in double coverage. It was unstoppable. Especially to Corner routes. The Patriot recievers like Deion Branch, Troy Brown, and David Pattend all look like Jerry Rice or Randy Moss. Tom Brady was playing like Joe Montana. I was wondering if anybody knew how to stop thay play and if they did I would like to know how. As you can see from my long post it really pissed me off. Whats some other cheap stuff you guys have seen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2004, 07:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Regarding a cheese play

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I played ESPN NFL 2k4 a lot last year and was usually ranked in the top 10. Last year I used the Patriots although usually everyone I played used the Raiders or Dolphins because they were the two best teams. This year everyone uses the Patriots and Eagles. Since the Pariots are the best team on the game I have decided to use the Colts instead. The Colts aren't a bad team but they aren't cheap like the Eagles or Patriots. Well anyway I don't cheat as some people do online. Last year I figured out how to stop almost evey cheap tactic or money play people would run. I have seen everything from putting in WR's at the tightend position to putting in an offensive lineman to do the kickoff (although they fixed that this year where you can call a faircatch, thank god). Well last year I figured out how to stop all those cheap tricks and thats how I got ranked so high. Well today I was playing a guy named Well168 who was ranked 11th. My Gamertag is OU Sooner 1984 and I am ranked around 230. Anyway, I figured he would try to pull some cheap stuff and he did. He called the exact same play every single time and ended up winning 41-35 in overtime. He had 461 yards passing and -18 rushing, just becaue I sacked him a few times. I just don't understand how calling the same play, even if you do win, can be fun. I like to call runs to set up playaction and try to and disguise my plays. I had 201 yards passing and 197 yards rushing so as you can see I play a balance and not cheap game. Well the play he kept calling was F Wing Jokers, PA Curls-n-Corners. He subbed out his TE's and put WR's in so he would have WR's going against linebackers. No problem, I have seen this before. I countered by subbing in some cornerbacks at the linebacker positions so I could match his recievers. Well he would just hot route one of the TE'S, which was actually a WR, to a fly route. I sat up my defense to defend it but no matter how good of postion I was in his players would always catch the ball. Most of the time in double coverage. It was unstoppable. Especially to Corner routes. The Patriot recievers like Deion Branch, Troy Brown, and David Pattend all look like Jerry Rice or Randy Moss. Tom Brady was playing like Joe Montana. I was wondering if anybody knew how to stop thay play and if they did I would like to know how. As you can see from my long post it really pissed me off. Whats some other cheap stuff you guys have seen?

i know what you're saying man, it's sucks having cheesers ranked so high. i'm ranked 21 and all 3 of the top 100 people i've played haave all been cheesers. i don't understand why people want to win so much in a virtual world. it's ok to lose. the only way this will ever be fixed is if they take away the ranking system which we know will never happen.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:18 PM   #3
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by janus3
i know what you're saying man, it's sucks having cheesers ranked so high. i'm ranked 21 and all 3 of the top 100 people i've played haave all been cheesers. i don't understand why people want to win so much in a virtual world. it's ok to lose. the only way this will ever be fixed is if they take away the ranking system which we know will never happen.
I enjoy getting my rank up high but if I play against someone good that doesn't cheat and they kick my butt I'm ok with it. I don't mind losing to someone that is actually good.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:37 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Hmmm, my first time hearing about this one. I can see how it can be a problem too. Be leary of Broncos users too then, because they have F Wing Jokers in their playbook as well.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can't help you but some people (GEEKS WHO NEVER LEAVE THEIR BASEMENT) care so much about their ranking because its the only thing they have that gives them any kind of validation.

That's why I'm not even interested in playing online - I did enjoy playing online with last year title in one online league becuase I played against guys who were good - used the playbook etc. but from what I can tell that isn't common due to the huge cheeze factor. One guy really knew how to play zone and I couldn't get anything done.

Do what I do - play against your friends online - or guys you know who will bring real game to you and don't play anyone else. If everyone did this the only people who would play a cheezer is another cheezer. Only play someone knew if you know before hand they won't cheeze you.

Honestly I would have just quit out of the game as soon as he started that bull$hit. So you get quit stat or whatever, who cares.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Using one play and having fun?
Impossible unless you are 9 years old.
Thats your answer.
You were playing a 9 year old.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I enjoy getting my rank up high but if I play against someone good that doesn't cheat and they kick my butt I'm ok with it. I don't mind losing to someone that is actually good.
yeah same here. i hate losing tp a) cheesers b) people that run the score up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »