Home

NFL2k5 Xbox: Swat Ball / Intercept Discussion

This is a discussion on NFL2k5 Xbox: Swat Ball / Intercept Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
NFL2k5 Xbox: Swat Ball / Intercept Discussion

Hey NFL2kers!!

Have any of you noticed that when you are on defense trying to pick off a pass, it makes no difference which button you hit as to your success rate of actually picking off the pass? What I mean is, the Left Trigger is supposed to have your man SWAT the ball to the ground. The Right Trigger is supposed to have your man CATCH the pass for an interception. 'Y' is supposed to automatically select which is the best option for your angle on the ball. I have played game after game where I am turned around looking for the ball, the receiver is WAY off the ball, the ball is coming right towards me, I squeeze the Right Trigger expecting to catch the pass, but my defender SWATS THE DAMNED BALL TO THE GROUND EVERY TIME! It seems the only way an interception occurs is when my AI-controlled teammate decides to grab one. It almost always has nothing to do with me and the buttons I am pushing.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL2k5 Xbox: Swat Ball / Intercept Discussion

I use the black button when trying to get an interception, if timed right and my position is right its a 50/50 chance.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

R Trigger does nothing for defending the pass. R trigger is strafe. L Trigger is decent. Matter fact after testing out alot of stuff if the player you are or the one you are switched to is charged and you hit one of these buttons, you should have no trouble defending bullet passes. It's the lob passes that are the problem. I can get between 2-4 INT's a game if the passes were mostly bullet passes. But the minute there is a lob pass, the best thing to do is just knock the hell out of the WR even if it means getting pass interference. On the lobs, especially when they are thrown to the outside, the DB does his best to jump AWAY from the WR and let him catch it.

Also against bullet passes if the defender you are controlling or the one you switch to is charged, you can knocked them down easily. It's just that damn lob that's the problem.

Last edited by LBzrule; 12-02-2004 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo
I use the black button when trying to get an interception, if timed right and my position is right its a 50/50 chance.
I am playing on the default control settings for Xbox, using the standard controller, not the 'S' controller. On these settings, LT is SWAT, RT is CATCH and Y is AT THE AI'S DISCRETION.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
Banned

Hey Juggle,

Disregard my last post. I meant to send it to LBZrule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2004, 04:18 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I always use the Black Button (intercept only) as I have had no success whatsoever using the Y button. Obviously I sometimes get burned going for the pick, and most of the time I don't get it but get a deflection instead. Though, in response to the first post, my defender does try for a pick each time.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

The controls for xbox are black button- try for pick, white button- swat the ball, y- ai picks. I don't know what controls you are using but those are the default controls. I always use the black button since I'm always trying for an interception.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-03-2004, 01:31 AM   #8
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

i always use the black button...

unfortunately i'm so focused on getting a lot of manual picks that i always press it instead of using white to swat the ball away sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »