Home

wow, worst review ever (in terms of quality)

This is a discussion on wow, worst review ever (in terms of quality) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
Rookie

nickpeoria's Arena

OVR: 1
wow, worst review ever (in terms of quality)

Hey guys take a look at this.
http://www.gameindustry.com/review/item.asp?id=460

Seems like a madden fanboy to me. I mean, it seems like he played nfl 2k5 for about 10 mins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #2
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Re: wow, worst review ever (in terms of quality)

Seems a little bit favourable towards Madden doesn't it?
Old 12-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
As everyone knows, when it comes to sports games online, I want something that feels and plays like the real thing, and that is something that ESPN seems to have a lot of trouble figuring out. They may have improved on the defensive side using the new Maximum Tackle feature where you can choose between making a wrap tackle or go for the big hit, and this time you can actually tackle players without them breaking away (despite being pulled down by 4 defensemen), the offense is still a nightmare.

Most of the time on the running game, I’m barely lucky to get even one yard (especially on 3rd and inches situations), and once again YOU CAN’T CATCH THE BALL! Look ESPN, I know that incomplete passes are common in football, but you must realize that not everyone has hands of stone. I’m sick and tired of having a receiver wide open, I throw to him, he catches it, takes one step, and then drops it. Either that, or I’ve had it with seeing the ball bounce out of his hands. Even with turning up the “Human Catching” slider all the way to full, they still cannot catch the ball. C’mon, you fixed this for 2K4, so why did you revert to the old formula?
Horsesh@t. What does he mean you cannot catch the ball? WR's catch too much. They need to drop more on big hits and they need to not catch as many lob passes. And about not running the ball, WTF??? Guys are still running wild in this game man. I have leagues where guys take Portis and they have 1,000 yds in only 3 games of the season. Hell I had close to 700 with Jamal in 3 games. Priest Holmes, Jamal, Clinton Portis, Tomlinson, Eddie I'm washed up George, Shuan Alexander, Corey Dillon, just about all of them are nightmarish in this game. I have no idea what he is referring too. Y button and right juke stick. Y button sends defenders flying, right juke stick makes defenders fall on the ground. Madden's running game is alot tougher to get yards than in this game. I won't deny his experience with the game, he probably does have these problems, but VC don't listen to this. Don't make this game EASIER on offense.

Last edited by LBzrule; 12-07-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:31 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Meh, I've seen worse reviews. However, I don't like how he says that they will do anything that they can to get customers, such as lowering the price $30.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am always wary of one sided reviews either way.

I did notice that the reviewer raved about reliving classic games in Madden, but neglected to mention the same feature in ESPN. Of all the ESPN features, he spent alot of time on the Celebrity challenge which is probably one of the weaker points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2004, 12:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Last month I helped out with the Washington Redskins at their training camp...
Ha! He name dropped. So sad - he was probably just a waterboy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »