Home

There is a concept in antitrust law

This is a discussion on There is a concept in antitrust law within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2004, 02:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: There is a concept in antitrust law

And yet what Bill Gates did is wrong? They accused him of bundling Internet Explorer with Windows as being fradulent, not letting consumers know other products were out there.....

EA Sports is absolutely DENYING the right for us as consumers to experience another previously existing option....I can't see how this isn't the same
Old 12-14-2004, 02:33 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Because the NFL is not an active member of the stock market, they are completely private, they can sell their licenses to whoever they want, whenever they want.

Microsoft is an acting member of the stock market.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:33 AM   #11
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Agreed, as someone else said in another thread, EA buying the rights from the NFL isn't a violation of anything anti-trust but like if EA bought all the game companies in the industry then it would be a violation. Despite the bad news this brings us gamers there's nothing illegal about it. And on a side note don't you guys realize EA must have like a city of lawyers..
so what other company can make a pro football game now? see what im getting at, i see what your syaing and DANG IT IT SUCKS that this happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 02:40 AM   #12
Rookie

Nobody else can, it may not be right to anybody to hear this, but it's the truth and there's no way around it. There isn't a legal issue to be found.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:39 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTennessee
so what other company can make a pro football game now? see what im getting at, i see what your syaing and DANG IT IT SUCKS that this happens.
I agree man, it sucks as much as not being able to get the NFL Sunday Ticket on cable tv, that's the thing it brings to mind for me personally..
Old 12-14-2004, 03:42 AM   #14
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree man, it sucks as much as not being able to get the NFL Sunday Ticket on cable tv, that's the thing it brings to mind for me personally..
i wish i could get more than 3 channels on my tv.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:00 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

I really don't want to re-open the topic, but I don't know where ya'll are getting the idea that a private entity is immune to the antitrust laws. That just isn't true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2004, 01:03 AM   #16
Rookie

The NFL had done this with their nfl tv package. I don't see why it would be illegal for them to do it with videogames. It'd be nice is loads of players dropped out of the NFLPA and stuck it to EA and the NFL, making this crappy deal worthless. Wishful thinking.....I know. Maybe Sega can lure away the top 2 or 3 players and screw EA....let's say Vick, Manning, and Ray Lewis and make a football game featuring those 3 sort of like MJ vs. Bird back in the day. I just hope Sega responds in some way to this. Maybe Sega can try to grab the NCAA CF license exclusively. Just a few thoughts...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »