Home

Do you really think a petition will help?

This is a discussion on Do you really think a petition will help? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2004, 03:20 AM   #1
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Do you really think a petition will help?

I don't think a petition will help. I mean, if they bought the rights then they own the rights to it as much as it sucks. God I hate Madden. Its the same game every year with updated rosters. People only buy it because they are used to it and will not try anything new. Its the EA and Madden name that sell not the game. ESPN is better in gameplay, graphics, and presentation. Madden has stubby players, bad presentation, and crappy playbooks compared to ESPN. I had played Madden my whole life until just the past couple of years. After the NFL 2k series came out I started playing it a bit but still favored madden. With ESPN football 2k4 I felt that sega had finally turned the corner and I also felt that ESPN 2k4 was superior to Madden. I have been playing ESPN ever since. I have also switched to all ESPN sports games now and this is coming from a guy that has bought nothing but EA games for the past 10 years. The only EA sports games I like are MVP baseball and NCAA football yet they screwed that game up very bad for xbox users this year. It is terrible. I went back and tried a game of Madden this year and it felt outdated. It seemed like a snes game compared to ESPN 2k5. Now that Madden won't have anyone to compete with the game will only get worse seeing as how there will be no competition for EA.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 03:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do you really think a petition will help?

A petition won't do anything to reverse a decision like this. It's a contract now, it's official and any attempt by the NFL and NFLPA at this point to try and pull out is probably going to wind up as a breach of contract.

I will definitley miss ESPN NFL games though, I love what they were doing to further football video game developement.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:38 AM   #3
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

on the same token, would it hurt to sign the petition, just to show your displeasure? say they amazingly got 1 million legit sigatures are they really gonna ignore 1 million customers? (i realize that IS a longshot but hey ive seen stranger things)
Old 12-14-2004, 03:43 AM   #4
Rookie

No, doesn't hurt to sign it. Petitions are a great way to show displeasure, just in this case, there isn't much that can be done.

I've signed all sorts of petitions for stuff that never stood a chance of happening, I might even sign this one.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:50 AM   #5
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
No, doesn't hurt to sign it. Petitions are a great way to show displeasure, just in this case, there isn't much that can be done.

I've signed all sorts of petitions for stuff that never stood a chance of happening, I might even sign this one.
right on man!

this is to all, if you werent a sega supporter you should sign it to show displeasure of losing your freedom of choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »