Home

Watch Out Microsoft (XBOX)--You're Next!

This is a discussion on Watch Out Microsoft (XBOX)--You're Next! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2004, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Watch Out Microsoft (XBOX)--You're Next!

Conspiracy Theorists are beginning to seriously consider the possibility that EA might end its' "agreement" with XBOX Live if EA Games traffic does not increase online. Madden online traffic is stagnant on XBOX Live and NBA Live is not competitive with ESPN Basketball either online. EA has long enjoyed an exclusive relationship with SONY and with the second round of console wars coming up, EA could take its' sports titles to become exclusive to the PS3 and if ESPN collapses and fails to produce any sports titles, XBOX 2 could be out in the cold without sports launch titles. If I recall correctly, the EA-XBOX deal was one year only. EA & SONY corner the market? Bill Gates should've seen it coming..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Watch Out Microsoft (XBOX)--You're Next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Conspiracy Theorists are beginning to seriously consider the possibility that EA might end its' "agreement" with XBOX Live if EA Games traffic does not increase online. Madden online traffic is stagnant on XBOX Live and NBA Live is not competitive with ESPN Basketball either online. EA has long enjoyed an exclusive relationship with SONY and with the second round of console wars coming up, EA could take its' sports titles to become exclusive to the PS3 and if ESPN collapses and fails to produce any sports titles, XBOX 2 could be out in the cold without sports launch titles. If I recall correctly, the EA-XBOX deal was one year only. EA & SONY corner the market? Bill Gates should've seen it coming..
Even though I have an Xbox, I guess I'd be getting a playstation then...b/c all I buy is sports games.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Even though I have an Xbox, I guess I'd be getting a playstation then...b/c all I buy is sports games.
I will probably just disconnect XBOX Live. I bought the whole set-up for ESPN.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

I wont be renewing my live account to play madman2006.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:52 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Well uhh...wouldn't the Xbox Live traffic for EA dramatically increase in the next year since there will be no competition? I don't get it, the reason not alot of traffic goes for EA right now is because most people with an XBox who want to play football on it play ESPN online.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »