Home

Sega's Football Future Poll

This is a discussion on Sega's Football Future Poll within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Sega's football title this year should be…
A generic professional football game that emulates the NFL by allowing the gamer to customize everything from team logos to stadiums. 189 45.11%
A deep, engrossing college game that would make all college games to date look like Troy Aikman's Football on the Super Nintendo. 181 43.20%
An over-the-top, BLITZ-style football title with phony names and logos that sports a Mortal Kombat-style football gaming experience. 6 1.43%
Nothing. Until Sega can (if ever) get the NFL licence back once more. 43 10.26%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: Sega's Football Future Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They won't be making a college game since it's too late into the development cycle of ESPN 2k6 to change over to a college game.
Who knows? Maybe they had knowledge of this and had a backup plan in the works, especially since news of the exclusivity deal leaked back in spring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2005, 11:44 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk880
Who knows? Maybe they had knowledge of this and had a backup plan in the works, especially since news of the exclusivity deal leaked back in spring.
I don't think they got caught with their pants down. What probably shocked them was the fact the Players INC and the NFL both went exclusive with EA...but they must have a back-up plan!
Old 01-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #43
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
EA = BCS Bowl license, which was already discussed in another thread. Thus you will have a college game without Fiesta, Rose, Orange and Sugar Bowls. There will be no BCS poll system or voting and all that that makes up College football. That's the STUFF I mean. Now I would play it without that stuff, but you guys we have to start thinking beyone ourselves and what we would play and what is marketable to the public at large.
Who needs the BCS Bowl License? Why not call it the BS Bowl Series? That's what it really is. This issue is not enough to stop a quality college game.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:58 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Who needs the BCS Bowl License? Why not call it the BS Bowl Series?
Forgive me but BS Bowl series made me laugh (mainly because of BS). Imo they would probably call it the Sega Sports Bowl series.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:04 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Who needs the BCS Bowl License? Why not call it the BS Bowl Series? That's what it really is. This issue is not enough to stop a quality college game.
heheeh, who needs it. You and I don't, but the majority of gamers who who keep these developers afloat who are dominated by branding and authenticity need it and that's the harsh reality of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2005, 09:53 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Custom Pro Football. Sega has made the most enjoyable pro football game IMO for the last two years.
Yes, Take Two/VC/SEGA needs to have a totally customized game. Import Rosters, Import Logos, Customize Divisions/Conferences (kinda like Football Pro?), Name Stadiums, Pick Cities. Still have the great graphics, stats, presentation. Not sure how the announcers are going to announce the names. Unless they made some kind of phonetic type name input (kinda like Earl Weaver on the Amiga) Or if they do have fake names and Peter and Dan say all the fake names (and someone from VC reads this) could I be in the game?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

I voted for a college game as well, but I think the 'Pro' game should have different play options. For example, have an NFL-style game and have an over-the-top version like Mutant league/Blitz wrapped into 1...or have these over-the-top versions as options to be enabled in the 'pro' game (basically can be the same game with pit-traps, ice patches, fire pits, land mines on the regular field)
Old 01-24-2005, 10:41 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

i'd prefer an awesome college game over a fake nfl game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »