Home

EA's revenge...

This is a discussion on EA's revenge... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA's revenge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison
With all these development's there is no doubt in my mind that with the ESPN Price drop and the "ESPN NFL 2k5" series which got better scores then Madden from many publications that EA just said "OK, you Want to play that way" and now they are just basically putting them(VC/ESPN series) into the dumps.

My Theory.
I agree. It appears that the $20 price tag, which we all praised as a brilliant move, only served to provoke a massive response from an adversary with vastly superior resources.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." -Yamamoto Isoroku, after the attack on Pearl Harbor*

*yeah, I know that this quote is probably apocryphal, but it seemed appropriate.

Last edited by coogrfan; 01-18-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #10
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I agree. It appears that the $20 price tag, which we all praised as a brilliant move, only served to provoke a massive response from an adversary with vastly superior resources.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." -Yamamoto Isoroku, after the attack on Pearl Harbor*

*yeah, I know that this quote is probably apocryphal, but it seemed appropriate.
Agreed. You can call it what you want, but it would be a big coincidence that EA only decided to take over the world after the Sega-Take 2 partnership. If I had the big guns, I'd do the same thing. Just sucks for us gamers.

Honestly, I'd rather see EA just go ahead and buy VC and let the VC crew handle graphics and presentation. I mean that's where we are headed, right?

Last edited by GAMEC0CK2002; 01-18-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

The $20 price tag was more of a reaction by Take-Two on the EA/NFL deal which leaked out in spring.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »