Home

Wait..isnt there a 2k6 game?

This is a discussion on Wait..isnt there a 2k6 game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Wait..isnt there a 2k6 game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Hmm... I wonder if there are any loopholes. However, I don't think they could give it away for free either. Example, if they'd sell an online package that gives you rights to play all their games online for a year for $20, but also give all subscribers a "free copy of NFL 2K6"

I think that would violate the spirit of the agreement.
Cant do that either. If they produced NFL2k6, that means they had to spend MONEY to develop it. They'd have to do something to make a profit off of it. Its not like they can make GTA5 and sell it for 70 bucks so they can make 20 for the 2k6 game they produced. nor can they give it away as an inscentive to buy another one of thier products or to buy a service from them (ala the free online games for 20 bucks).

Its just not its Take Twos BEST financial interest to produce a football game this year. I dont see it happeneing.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #10
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The NFL deal kicks in this fall, the ESPN deal is 2006.
TT should put out an NFL game the day before their deal expires.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:07 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
TT should put out an NFL game the day before their deal expires.
That wouldnt make good business sense for Take Two either. The minute the NFL deal kicks into effect, retail stores will have to pull all copies of NFL liscensed video games off thier shelves that arent EA or EA/NFL approved. Best Buy, Gamestop, Babbages, or whoever will have to stop immediately or could be sued. On top of that they could be sued by EA AND Take Two. EA can sue Take Two for thier product being sold. And Take Two could sue the retail places for not complying and getting Take Two in trouble. Why spend the money and time to produce an NFL game that you cant sell? You sound like Take Two can make it and put it out and as long as it gets to stores before the deal kicks in, they are okay. WRONG. Like I said, its not in Take Twos best financial interest to go about producing a football game this year. Maybe next yer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

he ment the ea deal doesn't take effect till next year which is 2006 so tt could make a football game but now that ea has bought out espn it won't have the espn name in it there fore there goes the presntation and everything else releated to espn it'd just be a naked too ball game no one would buy
Old 02-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammogard
he ment the ea deal doesn't take effect till next year which is 2006 so tt could make a football game but now that ea has bought out espn it won't have the espn name in it there fore there goes the presntation and everything else releated to espn it'd just be a naked too ball game no one would buy
\

But even if it were true that Take Two could make an NFL game this year isnt Madden currently "naked"? It is naked of the EPSN stuff and it sold millions. Why would NFL2k6 need ESPN?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Proof that there will be a 2k6?

I keed, I keed...

Last edited by coogrfan; 02-10-2005 at 01:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »