Home

The Real Deal on Exclusivity...

This is a discussion on The Real Deal on Exclusivity... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The Real Deal on Exclusivity...

Vader, I haven't conceded anything to you. In fact I did nothing but respond to a post on topic. You, on the other hand, placed subtle cheap shots at me in reply while again incorrectly analyzing quotes. Back handed compliments aren't needed either. You can get this thread closed on your own if you're still desperate to attempt to out-debate me... especially when armed with nothing but hopes, dreams and poor reading comprehension.

NovaStar, I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking you. I'm not, just saying that you're wrong. Specifically wrong about the deal between EA and ESPN for the NFL show. This was discussed before and I'm quite certain the deal was in place before VC even thought of going to ESPN. As for everything else, I'm not saying you're wrong because it's a matter of opinion but you can't see the flaws in yours. Everything I say is fact and everything you say is fact, it's all in the interpretation. I think your anger for what has become of the 2k series clouds your ability to look at this from an unbiased perspective. The focus shouldn't be on what EA did to VC, it should be on a big business doing what big businesses do to grow and be more successful. Is it wrong? Yes. But not for any reasons involving specifics like VC, gameplay, graphics, etc.

I also don't think you give the Madden name the credit it deserves. Your couch potato surely would've played or heard of Madden when he was young and would've bought that for his son and to play himself... especially if he doesn't know anything about either game. He'll go with the big name, the one he's heard of, played, the one displayed all over the store, on mtv, on the draft on ESPN, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2005, 04:56 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 18

Don't worry about me feeling attacked by you Wharton. You and I have had discussions before and I surely respect your opinion. Yeah, I may be incorrect on the NFL matchup show and exactly when ea sponsored it. But, I can not help but stand firm on the reasoning of ea and its "fright" regarding where VC/TT was heading with that espn license and where they weren't heading with madden. Heck, I remember when I first saw the espn game by konami (keep in mind I was playing madden at this point (I remember thinking "oh snap! espn has a football game?) I was going to get it because I figured espn won't make a bad game. But I read up on it a saw that it was a bad game. I say that to say, that in todays climate when it comes to sports espn has the stronger name recognition than madden, in two years it won't even be close. I would be willing to bet that ea will drop madden sooner rather than later due to its deal with espn. We need look no further than their current business moves to see what ea is thinking in regards to this matter. If I say to A, "B is trying to get your girl" and A says to me " I am not worried about B getting my girl C" (in this case C is the consumer) then I see A turn around and shoot C in the head, guess what A was worried about B getting his girl. His actions spoke volumes.

To sum it up, in my opinion TT/VC took the fight to the consumer to gain market share, ea took the fight to the board room and the golf course to insure that it would not lose its market share. In the first scenerio fans of video football win, in the second ea wins. I guess TT/VC fought the wrong battle. We will see what ea does with its victory.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Vader, I haven't conceded anything to you. In fact I did nothing but respond to a post on topic. You, on the other hand, placed subtle cheap shots at me in reply while again incorrectly analyzing quotes.
You are the one who talks to hear yourself talk. And believe me, if I wanted to throw a cheap shot at you, I don't have to be subtle about it. I do not incorrectly analyze quotes. I simply use them so other posters know what I am responding to. It helps everyone see how inept you are wwharton.

Quote:
Back handed compliments aren't needed either.
If someone deserves a compliment, I give them one. Even if that means throwing a bone your way once in a while. After all, I don't want you to feel TOTALLY alone here on OS.

Quote:
You can get this thread closed on your own if you're still desperate to attempt to out-debate me...
Please…if the Mods close this thread it will be because of you flaming. And I have never been so sure of something in my entire life…I CAN OUT-DEBATE YOU ON ANY SUBJECT, ANY DAY, ANY TIME, EVEN IF I HAD HALF MY BRAIN TIED BEHIND MY BACK.

Quote:
especially when armed with nothing but hopes, dreams and poor reading comprehension.
Ha! Ha! Ha! :y4: :y4: :y4: I have poor reading comprehension! Oh my! You have just topped yourself in your quest for the imbecilic Hall-of-Fame title!! I comprehend everything you dish out. You just can't handle it because I never let you get away with saying absurd things.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

I'll say it again. I have responded to your post and kept anything personal out of it because, even though I'm sure it's entertaining to get you to show how much of an idiot you appear to be on these boards (and many have stated as much), the last thread got closed. This is the second time your entire response has been directed at me. I don't have to explain why it's clear how sad your life will be without OS so I suggest you get off my back. The cat doesn't feel like playing with the string today.

NovaStar, I would look at it more like this... Person A says I'm not worried about Person B taking my girl because she's a gold digger and Person B's broke. She definitely won't stay with Person B. We always want Person B to win, especially if we feel he has more to offer. It makes us mad that Person A is usually right, but it is reality. They didn't "shoot" them in the back, they pulled out their wallet and said if you can pull out more money than me then you can have her. It's really that simple. It's possible there are personal feelings and EA execs may be personally happy about the situation VC is in, but the bottom line is always the money. As a company it'd be folish to make any moves involving money unless the bottom line was to bring in more money.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'll say it again. I have responded to your post and kept anything personal out of it because, even though I'm sure it's entertaining to get you to show how much of an idiot you appear to be on these boards (and many have stated as much), the last thread got closed. This is the second time your entire response has been directed at me. I don't have to explain why it's clear how sad your life will be without OS so I suggest you get off my back. The cat doesn't feel like playing with the string today.

NovaStar, I would look at it more like this... Person A says I'm not worried about Person B taking my girl because she's a gold digger and Person B's broke. She definitely won't stay with Person B. We always want Person B to win, especially if we feel he has more to offer. It makes us mad that Person A is usually right, but it is reality. They didn't "shoot" them in the back, they pulled out their wallet and said if you can pull out more money than me then you can have her. It's really that simple. It's possible there are personal feelings and EA execs may be personally happy about the situation VC is in, but the bottom line is always the money. As a company it'd be folish to make any moves involving money unless the bottom line was to bring in more money.

Hey, I have been out analogized!! Wharton that was a damn good example and the most appropriate one. Yes, at the end of the day ea does have more money than TT/VC and that is what ultimately decided the issue, and no I don't fault ea for their move because hey, all is fair in love and war. And we all know business is warfare. But damn, that was a cowardly way to go out.

Oh, you and Vader play nice, you are both intelligent men.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #70
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

out analogized, lol. EA sucks. So does Microsoft, Sony, Mobil/Exxon, etc. Basically the American way sucks. I know I'm not ready to leave the country though so I'm not going to get too upset about seeing it in plain color.

As for the last comment, go back and read the thread. I have no desire to play at all. He can follow me around if he wants to. When you re-read, you may re-think that comment. But I know you're just being nice.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Basically the American way sucks.
Wow. I know he hates me, which is fine, but he hates his own country too? Wow. You all heard wwharton say it here on OS folks. Let's see how he attempts to spin his way out of this one. Should be fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2005, 02:35 PM   #72
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

it amazes me every day that you claim to be an adult. I'll point out once again that you are posting with no intention of replying to the topic of the thread. we both know you can't live with OS so give it up. you might have to actually go out in the sun, maybe talk to a girl.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »