Home

My idea for a new 2k football game.

This is a discussion on My idea for a new 2k football game. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cool My idea for a new 2k football game.

The game would be called "2k Sports presents: Ultimate Football." My idea is to take the elements of the NFL, College, NFL Europe, Arena, Blitz/Street, and Canadian and put them all together.

Here's how it works. Think of a GT4 or Forza type of interface. Combine that with NBA 2k's 24-7 mode.

The way it works is that you first pick a region that you want to start your coaching career in. The first set of available choices would be limited to semi pro/underground leagues. In those Leagues all of the rules are relaxed. They play like a Blitz or NBA Street. Total arcade madness. late hits, cheap shots, crazy urban locations and everything.

If you are successful you are offered jobs to coach at higher levels. The Second Tier would be a choice between Leagues that played Arena type football or CFL. Understand, as you pick a League you also pick regions. Different regions have slightly different rules. The Canadian regions rules would mimic CFL football and so on and so forth.

The third level could be a College Football level (NCAA like) Maybe have about 50-80 teams at this level. Have a Six conferences regionally located. Have at least one team representing each state in the Union. Over time you could expand more. Pu in the bands and the college atmosphere. Who cares if the teams have real names.

The Fourth Level would be a homage to the USFL and American Football Leagues. "Pro football" but not quite NFL caliber. A cut below. Have two Leagues like this and make the player chhose to coach in one of them. You could call one the AFA (American Football Association) and the USFC (United States Football Conference) I would adopt a lot of those Leagues rules and make the teams very offensive oriented.

The fourth level is then Pro Football (NFL Like, but international). Put teams all over the world. make super cool stadiums to show off the flair of each country. Call it somethig like the UFL (Ultimate Football League) or the MLF (Major League Football)
or IFL (International Football League) You would have a true world champion!!!

It would basically be a football RPG. It would have gameplay that would fit everyone's taste from arcade to hardcore. You could Take players with you from League to League, team to team. It would have living rosters online. You could play in a Arcade like League and stay there. You could play in a realistic league and stay there. If you didn't want to go through the career you play a franchise mode directly in the type of league you prefer or just play a single season.

The bi-annual or tri-annual updates could add more players, teams, Leagues, regions and levels and gameplay types. How about eventually adding high schools for instance or lower division conferences. You could eventually build up an "owner mode" for each League and type over time. You could play your League games offline or on interchangably like Forza.

It would take about 2 years to develop minimum, probably 3, but it would be a fresh take on football and 2k sports has the talent, the tools, the vision, and committment to pull it off.

What do you think. If you aren't going to have a license, don't look at the limitations, but look at the freedoms it offers you as a developer. If you had all of these features, even if it didn't have an official license and took 3 years between iterations, people would buy it because the replay value would be through the roof.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: My idea for a new 2k football game.

i'm a simple man, that's too much stuff for me. give me some generic players with the 2k engine and i'll be happy.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
i'm a simple man, that's too much stuff for me. give me some generic players with the 2k engine and i'll be happy.
Exactly...who needs all that other crap. Give me good gameplay....
Old 06-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Interesting. However, what you're suggesting is a game with more than one engine (or at least enough relatively major alterations to one engine to generate massive dev. time and massive dev. expenses) I really don't think that T2, or anyone, would be willing to spend that much $$$ without being absolutely sure that the game would sell well. That's not going to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »