Home

If 2k6 football does come out you could have nfl player faces

This is a discussion on If 2k6 football does come out you could have nfl player faces within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2005, 03:14 AM   #17
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: If 2k6 football does come out you could have nfl player faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
That must be the difference between our opinions then, perfect, I can play Madden more than I can play 2K. I can play 2K for one season because by the time the off-season rolls around, i have no desire to play becuase there is very little to do in the off-season and not a lot of fun for me. With madden I can continue because I look forward to the off-seasons each year.

In no way am i trying to preach about how Madden is better, and I don't want to start another war between 2K and madden, so i'll leave it at this: I personally feel Madden is better, that is my opinion, and I don't have a problem with 2K or with others liking 2K more than madden./
It seems like you are talking about franchise mode where he is saying gameplay is what matters. It's just been my experience that most fans of madden enjoy the franchise while most fans of 2k enjoy the actual game...
Old 07-02-2005, 03:51 AM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
so a series is dead if it doesn't outsell Madden. ok that makes perfect sense.

there will be no 2k game this coming season. chances are there will be one next season, obviously without the nfl license.
Wwharton is right. I have gotten straight from people on the 2k dev team. No game this upcoming season, but chances are pretty strong there will be one the season after.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:39 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
The NFL 2K series is dead....they can try for some legends or playmakers or classic or whatever they want to try and do, but I'm pretty sure that a LEgends game wont out-sell Madden, because their NFL product couldn't.
Who cares if Legends wont outsell Madden..it never has and ESPN NFL 2k5 was equal if not better in overall gameplay to madden and leagues ahead of madden in presentation,graphics and atmosphere, its my favorite football game ever, i've played them all, im 31 years old.

Also if Legends comes out with a kick *** customization engine....and looking spectacular like it probally will..i'll be very happy.

I hate to say it but when i play ESPN NFL 2k5..sometimes i just wanna stop playing,drop the controller and cry like a little baby. Thats how F'd up this NFL deal was to me and im sure alot of people feel the same. Owell..i am looking forward to Madden x360, hopefully it delivers this time in all areas because we wont have another choice for another true nfl football videogame

Last edited by Moegames; 07-06-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:24 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
The NFL 2K series is dead....they can try for some legends or playmakers or classic or whatever they want to try and do, but I'm pretty sure that a LEgends game wont out-sell Madden, because their NFL product couldn't.
Ahh, looks like the madden sheep took a pause from eating madden grass to baaaa a bit huh? Well, contrary to what your biased opinion may think the nfl licensed product of Take two was on the path to outselling madden, thus the need for ea to swipe the license. But since i know that madden grass that you have fatted yourself on won't allow you mind to digest that. So, back to grazing.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I liked 2K5 and Madden 2005 but both were flawed imo. People have every right to believe the gameplay was better for either game. I loved the presentation in 2K5 and it made Madden look 5 years outdated but it also had plenty of flaws. They took a step back in some areas (screen passes, fatigue, etc). Both games got stale for me. I did all the rosters for 2K5 on the PS2 and can't play the game much anymore because I hate how terrible the CPU QBs are. They throw into coverage all day. I've tried everything and there is no excuse.

Its clear that Madden was more polished in non gameplay but it was also better in some gameplay areas as well. You don't have to agree. I felt that after 2K4 (my favourite at the time), the series was really good and had tremendous potential. It still had a ways to go. I don't know how after 6 years they couldn't fix the depth charts where I could slide a tackle over to guard without going into all the formation subs.

Hopefully they come up with a new game but I won't hold my breath.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

you could make subs like that back in 2k1. they changed it to limit the amount of cheese subs people make online. they took out the ability completely for at least one year and then put it back and made it a pain to do. can't say i agree or disagree with the move. i don't play many random people online so it's more of a pain for me than for many that do play online.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudiamonds1979
I expect a game for the 360. And if the people at Take2 are as smart as I think we'll get uniform,stadium,logo, and player face editors. And if you can take pictures with the camera, people using nfl.com to place pictures on players. .

That's a lot of work. I mean, it would probably take 2 to 3 times longer to do all that than to throw some names in the rosters. Granted, I think it would be cool and essential if they want to give the gamers the freedom to try and clone an NFL license, but it's still a lot of work.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
No, it actually takes a difference of what i like about football games. I like deep franchise modes, and Madden blows 2K's franchise mode away, plain and simple.
Thats the reason i played madden alot more than 2k5. I play sports games mainly for the franchise mode and solid gameplay. 2k5's game play is teriffic But, there franchise mode was mediocore were is Madden's gameplay is solid (not great) But there franchise mode blows 2k5 out the water. So i ended up playing Madden more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »