Home

NFL 2k5 updated rosters > Madden 06

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 updated rosters > Madden 06 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #9
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NFL 2k5 updated rosters > Madden 06

Quote:
3) Graphics/Presentation - Madden has horrible graphics. The lighting always seems dark and plain. In 2k5 the whole field is bright and clear. 2k5 has a halftime recap complete w/ highlights and a Sportscenter after every week! Madden has NOTHING.

My biggest gripe w/Madden. It plays a realistic game on the field but with a bland presentation that does'nt even get me pumped to keep playing. One thing I noticed about the 06 version is the field. What they call a progressivly worn field is nothing more than a brown stain inbetween the hashmarks. Looks like carpet with years of wear from a footpath. The brown stain stays between the hashmarks from the endzone to the 35 perfectly, extends out of the hashmarks from the 35 to the 35 and then squeezes back between the hashmarks on the 35 back to the opposite enzone. By the end of the game, it looks horrid and unrealistic.

Even though 2K5s worn field is'nt the best that ever came out, at least the chunks of turf and divots can come from anywhere on the field. From the sidelines to the hashmarks. By the end of the game, you can clearly see where all the action took place. Just a little touch that adds to the graphics and presentation that Madden is once again lacking.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
My biggest gripe w/Madden. It plays a realistic game on the field but with a bland presentation that does'nt even get me pumped to keep playing. One thing I noticed about the 06 version is the field. What they call a progressivly worn field is nothing more than a brown stain inbetween the hashmarks. Looks like carpet with years of wear from a footpath. The brown stain stays between the hashmarks from the endzone to the 35 perfectly, extends out of the hashmarks from the 35 to the 35 and then squeezes back between the hashmarks on the 35 back to the opposite enzone. By the end of the game, it looks horrid and unrealistic.

Even though 2K5s worn field is'nt the best that ever came out, at least the chunks of turf and divots can come from anywhere on the field. From the sidelines to the hashmarks. By the end of the game, you can clearly see where all the action took place. Just a little touch that adds to the graphics and presentation that Madden is once again lacking.
One thing that I noticed about the lighting in 2K5 which I never noticed before until FPF is the "wash-out" effect. I noticed it when I was playing against the Cowboys in Texas Stadium. Their pants were white in some areas because of the sun glare.--- excellent. Now they need to add this to the field on clear, sunny days, they already have the shadows right. It would look cool if part of the field was just basically white because of the sun glare. It would look good, plus could maybe add some gameplay element...
Old 08-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #11
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
One thing that I noticed about the lighting in 2K5 which I never noticed before until FPF is the "wash-out" effect. I noticed it when I was playing against the Cowboys in Texas Stadium. Their pants were white in some areas because of the sun glare.--- excellent. Now they need to add this to the field on clear, sunny days, they already have the shadows right. It would look cool if part of the field was just basically white because of the sun glare. It would look good, plus could maybe add some gameplay element...

I love the sun glare and the shadows over the field. My boy was just asking me yesterday "Is that I cloud over the field"? I said yep. When watching the replays, you can clearly see a player step under a shadow of the stadium. Sometimes it'll throw you off depending on the teams that are playing. I played a game with the Bengals against the Browns. 2 orange helmets to keep track off. I threw a pick to a Browns' player because I thought my guy was wide open. The both were under the shadows so I lead the ball to the wrong person.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I love the sun glare and the shadows over the field. My boy was just asking me yesterday "Is that I cloud over the field"? I said yep. When watching the replays, you can clearly see a player step under a shadow of the stadium. Sometimes it'll throw you off depending on the teams that are playing. I played a game with the Bengals against the Browns. 2 orange helmets to keep track off. I threw a pick to a Browns' player because I thought my guy was wide open. The both were under the shadows so I lead the ball to the wrong person.
I like when the blimp passes over...

The more I think of it, the more I want it... sun glare on the field...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »