Home

New to 2k5...a little advice and help!

This is a discussion on New to 2k5...a little advice and help! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #1
Rookie

Wilson10's Arena

OVR: 4
New to 2k5...a little advice and help!

To be honest guys, I bought this game when it came out on for my ps2. Well I have ALWAYS been an NCAA and occasional Madden player. I just couldn't get into this game and the way it played (not in a bad way). Well, I bought an Xbox when Halo 2 came out and a few days later I found 2k5 in a bargain bin (accident I think ) for 8.99 (keep in mind this was last Nov or Dec). Anyhow, I still didn't play it much but it felt good on the box. I am hoping new rosters and some sliders will help get me through this NFL season and not having to buy another Madden that only lets me down or doesn't keep my interest.

I am not saying this will be my save all, but what do I need to do to get things right and on a level that a player NEW to this game can handle. Also I know there are custom stadium tracks. I haven't read into it too much ( I will ) but real quick, can I just dl onto my AR someone elses save or how can I do that? Meaning if someone made like a real life soundtrack for the Browns.

Thanks and sorry for the newb questions. I am just not wanting to spend $50
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 12:42 AM   #2
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: New to 2k5...a little advice and help!

Wilson,

Welcome back to 2K5...I hope your second go around is more enjoyable. I mostly play coach mode so i don't know if my sliders would work that great for players, but i would suggest check out the sliders forum. As for soundtracks its one of my favorite features in the game as i have a soundtrack made for each team. Its awesome to hear each teams TD music when they score. If you have the xbox music mixer i would suggest downloading limewire and just do a search for whatever team music your looking for. Enjoy
Old 08-18-2005, 01:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Wilson10's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
Wilson,

Welcome back to 2K5...I hope your second go around is more enjoyable. I mostly play coach mode so i don't know if my sliders would work that great for players, but i would suggest check out the sliders forum. As for soundtracks its one of my favorite features in the game as i have a soundtrack made for each team. Its awesome to hear each teams TD music when they score. If you have the xbox music mixer i would suggest downloading limewire and just do a search for whatever team music your looking for. Enjoy
Not to sound TOO dumb, but you were way over my head with music mixer and limewire LOL!! I will do a little searching or should I say researching that Thanks though! I was just hoping it was as simple as downloading something to my Action replay that putting on my Xbox then to my game Thanks though!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

If you want custom soundtracks all you need to do is put a CD in you XBOX and copy the songs you want into a soundtrack. You can then go into 2k5 and create your custom stadium music. As far as Action Replay I have no idea if you can do that.

This is not a custom soundtrack (I wish). You cannot play the songs in the menus etc. The CPU will automatically play the songs after a first down, interception, TD etc for about 10-15 seconds. If you dont have a whole lot of sound clips the songs get really redundant and old after just one game.

Rosters: My advice is to get noplace's training camp rosters or check out some of the other rosters

Sliders: human, cpu - left, + right
block -5 , +10
running -5 , +10
passing -10 , +10
catching MAX , MAX
coverage -10 , +10
pursuit -10 , -10
tackling -10 , -10
fatigue 0, 0
kicking -10, 10

Last edited by mavsman27; 08-18-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
If you want custom soundtracks all you need to do is put a CD in you XBOX and copy the songs you want into a soundtrack. You can then go into 2k5 and create your custom stadium music. As far as Action Replay I have no idea if you can do that.

This is not a custom soundtrack (I wish). You cannot play the songs in the menus etc. The CPU will automatically play the songs after a first down, interception, TD etc for about 10-15 seconds. If you dont have a whole lot of sound clips the songs get really redundant and old after just one game.

Rosters: My advice is to get noplace's training camp rosters or check out some of the other rosters

Sliders: human, cpu - left, + right
block -5 , +10
running -5 , +10
passing -10 , +10
catching MAX , MAX
coverage -10 , +10
pursuit -10 , -10
tackling -10 , -10
fatigue 0, 0
kicking -10, 10
not all XBox's will read a MP3 or CD-R CD, just so you know. That is where the music mixer comes in. It is a game that costs like $20. Well, its kind of a game, it more of a tool to send MP3's from your PC to your XBox if they are networked together. If you have XBox Live, you should be all set. You just run the music mixer software on your PC with the game disc in your XBox and a program will appear on your PC that will instruct you how to transfer the MP3's directly to your XBox harddrive. Once you get them to your harddrive, the custom soundtrack mode on ESPN 2k5 will let you handle the clipping of the songs and where to play them ingame. Hope that helps.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 11:10 AM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

If your XBOX does'nt read CD-Rs. Also try CD-RWs. Mine only reads those.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »