Home

2KSports....I'm a bit disappointed

This is a discussion on 2KSports....I'm a bit disappointed within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2005, 01:41 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 2KSports....I'm a bit disappointed

^^

Agreed, all football gamers lost out big time. Even if EA delivers with their next gen title, (who knows, they might) with their history record I have a feeling that would be the last real update until the PS4.

They just recycle their graphics engines for these games two or three years too long. (Not to mention the commentary . . . )
Old 09-08-2005, 11:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA is known for doing this when the competition gets to tough. Take winning eleven series from Konami. EA has had the FIFA license forever and but Konami had, and still has a superior game. Konami never let that stop them from continuing to make the game. They gave the player the ability to edit the players and team names themselves. It is still the number 1 soccer game. I was hoping 2k was going to do the same. Great gameplay goes along way with gamers. The true fans will still purchase the product.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:51 PM   #11
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleR10
EA is known for doing this when the competition gets to tough. Take winning eleven series from Konami. EA has had the FIFA license forever and but Konami had, and still has a superior game. Konami never let that stop them from continuing to make the game. They gave the player the ability to edit the players and team names themselves. It is still the number 1 soccer game. I was hoping 2k was going to do the same. Great gameplay goes along way with gamers. The true fans will still purchase the product.
This was the point of this post. Disappointment that 2KSports didn't go ahead and try to create another football game that had awesome gameplay to battle EA's attempt. Winning Eleven is a good example of what could be done to bring a game with excellent gameplay and without a full license to the gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 12:43 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
This was the point of this post. Disappointment that 2KSports didn't go ahead and try to create another football game that had awesome gameplay to battle EA's attempt. Winning Eleven is a good example of what could be done to bring a game with excellent gameplay and without a full license to the gamers.
Winning Eleven outsells Fifa actually.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:57 AM   #13
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_Arab
Winning Eleven outsells Fifa actually.
What was the point of your post? I never said anything about WE outselling FIFA or even FIFA outselling WE.

I'm just trying to say that 2Ksports could have gone the route of the WE series. Please read next time before posting.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:41 AM   #14
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I wonder if a generic game would be plausible for take two, due to the fact that the rumors say the new systems will have either a hard drive version and non-hardrive version which takes away the selling point of having a editable sports game. Most people may purchase the cheaper non-hard drive console thus making it difficult to market a game of that ilk. Which is why they are going after legends to at least draw in some more consumers.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:49 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
Who said they weren't going to make a new game? Seriously, I don't know why you are dissapointed. You can't just make a whole new game, new team names, new players, and strap on a great editor for all the possible things you can edit and release it in about 7 months. Since the EA/NFL deal happened last December. And honestly, how much do you think that game would sell? A regular generic football game that no casual gamer knows about?

They will be making a game for Xbox 360, I think you just have to calm down a little bit. It only makes sense that they couldn't make a game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #16
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Who said they weren't going to make a new game? Seriously, I don't know why you are dissapointed. You can't just make a whole new game, new team names, new players, and strap on a great editor for all the possible things you can edit and release it in about 7 months. Since the EA/NFL deal happened last December. And honestly, how much do you think that game would sell? A regular generic football game that no casual gamer knows about?

They will be making a game for Xbox 360, I think you just have to calm down a little bit. It only makes sense that they couldn't make a game this year.
I understand, but it would have been cool if some type of announcement was made. I was expecting anything this fall. Look at EA, they have rebounded with College Baseball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »