Home

What's Your Franchise Setup? Why?

This is a discussion on What's Your Franchise Setup? Why? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2005, 12:51 AM   #1
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
What's Your Franchise Setup? Why?

I'm wondering what some of you use as your setup for your franchise...I know many of us are waiting for the newer rosters and some of you just went ahead anyway and you're having fun...

Some of the things you should list;

Diff Level
Qtr Length
Simmed Qtr Length
Sliders (who's do you recommend as a base to work from)
Etc

All teams or only 1?

Custom playbook or default (If custom, how do you keep the franchise from freezing?)

Do you control all of the team options or sim through the offseason, etc.

Do you play most games or sim? What % ?

What kind of "house" rules do you use if any? (i.e..limited amount of FA signings, expired contracts, number of games played vs simmed, etc...

AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU DO THAT YOU THINK MAKES THE FRANCHISE MODE MORE FUN OR REALISTIC...

Thanks guys...

peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2005, 01:48 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: What's Your Franchise Setup? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
I'm wondering what some of you use as your setup for your franchise...I know many of us are waiting for the newer rosters and some of you just went ahead anyway and you're having fun...

Some of the things you should list;

Diff Level
Qtr Length
Simmed Qtr Length
Sliders (who's do you recommend as a base to work from)
Etc

All teams or only 1?

Custom playbook or default (If custom, how do you keep the franchise from freezing?)

Do you control all of the team options or sim through the offseason, etc.

Do you play most games or sim? What % ?

What kind of "house" rules do you use if any? (i.e..limited amount of FA signings, expired contracts, number of games played vs simmed, etc...

AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU DO THAT YOU THINK MAKES THE FRANCHISE MODE MORE FUN OR REALISTIC...

Thanks guys...

peace
Legend difficulty with the sliders as is
5 minute quarters (cpu simming as well)
2004 Opening kickoff rosters
One team
Default playbook
Play all games
Control all aspects for my franchise team
No trades
Injuries at "healthy"
Subs at 5%
Pre-season off in the first year
Pre-season on every year afterwards but simulated
PlayStation 2 version (but not for much longer)

Also, before starting a franchise, I assign all 53 players to their team in order to reset player contacts. For example, Owens, McNabb and Kearse are overpaid in the game while some players are underpaid. Basically, this keeps things fair for my team because all 53 players are at or close to what they should be getting paid. In other words, I dont have highly overpaid or underpaid players on my team.

Also, after I simulate the pro bowl, I save my Franchise. The reason is simple, I sign the players that I want to let go to one year deals. Douglas, Kalu, Blake, etc. This way, once I enter the off-season, I dont have to worry about releasing players that I dont want and in the process taking a cap penalty.

Last edited by dan77733; 09-20-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:32 AM   #3
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Legend difficulty with the sliders as is
5 minute quarters (cpu simming as well)
2004 Opening kickoff rosters
One team
Default playbook
Play all games
Control all aspects for my franchise team
No trades
Injuries at "healthy"
Subs at 5%
Pre-season off in the first year
Pre-season on every year afterwards but simulated
PlayStation 2 version (but not for much longer)

Also, before starting a franchise, I assign all 53 players to their team in order to reset player contacts. For example, Owens, McNabb and Kearse are overpaid in the game while some players are underpaid. Basically, this keeps things fair for my team because all 53 players are at or close to what they should be getting paid. In other words, I dont have highly overpaid or underpaid players on my team.

Also, after I simulate the pro bowl, I save my Franchise. The reason is simple, I sign the players that I want to let go to one year deals. Douglas, Kalu, Blake, etc. This way, once I enter the off-season, I dont have to worry about releasing players that I dont want and in the process taking a cap penalty.
hmm..so you are saying that you sign the players you want to let go, the ones that will cost you a HUGE cap hit next season, to a 1 yr deal that they will accept, and then do you cut them loose BEFORE you roll the season over or at the beginning of Free Agency???...
Old 09-21-2005, 02:49 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
hmm..so you are saying that you sign the players you want to let go, the ones that will cost you a HUGE cap hit next season, to a 1 yr deal that they will accept, and then do you cut them loose BEFORE you roll the season over or at the beginning of Free Agency???...
I dont release anyone. I let them leave as free agents. For example, say DE Hugh Douglas is under contract for two or more years. I simply re-sign him to a one year deal. Then, when I enter the off-season, he'll automatically be a free agent and I simply let him leave as one. Any cap hit that I may take from re-signing him gets added back to my cap once I enter the off-season.

All cap hits are added back to your cap once you enter the off-season. For example, say you release a player before the NFL Draft and you take a cap hit. You wont get back that money until you enter the following off-season.

I hate having cap penalties in the off-season. It just bugs the hell out of me. The only time that I will have a cap hit is when im re-signing players to a one year deal but since its right after the Pro Bowl, it doesnt bother me because I know that im getting the money back a few minutes later once I enter the off-season.

One other thing that I do after I save the Pro Bowl, I sign free agents such as QB Tim Couch, K Matt Bryant and others without a signing bonus and then release them so I can sign them back once I enter the off-season. The reason I do this is because all free agents retire once you enter the off-season. Only players released dont retire which is why I sign and release any players that im interested in signing in the off-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »