Home

Starting QB not starting.....

This is a discussion on Starting QB not starting..... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Starting QB not starting.....

While playing an Eagles franchise on ps2, I came across a huge problem. I was playing the Falcons in the playoffs and instead of Vick starting, it was Schaub. Vick wasnt injured, released or traded. He was 100% healthy. This wasnt the first time either. While playing with the Texans against the Vikings in the Super Bowl, Frerotte was the starter and in an AFC playoff game against the Patriots, Miller was the starter.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix this? Please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Starting QB not starting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
While playing an Eagles franchise on ps2, I came across a huge problem. I was playing the Falcons in the playoffs and instead of Vick starting, it was Schaub. Vick wasnt injured, released or traded. He was 100% healthy. This wasnt the first time either. While playing with the Texans against the Vikings in the Super Bowl, Frerotte was the starter and in an AFC playoff game against the Patriots, Miller was the starter.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix this? Please help.
You have to control ALL 32 teams depth chart...sucks but that's the only fix I know...
Old 09-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Sometimes u do get injured and the CPU don't let u know. I had this problem maybe 3 times a season on xbox. Or it may be a stamina concern when qbs stam gets too low a new qb comes in to replace that one for a couple of plays these are from my past experiences.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 09-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
While playing an Eagles franchise on ps2, I came across a huge problem. I was playing the Falcons in the playoffs and instead of Vick starting, it was Schaub. Vick wasnt injured, released or traded. He was 100% healthy. This wasnt the first time either.
CPU coach Mora probably has Vick running back kickoffs and punts (another 2K5 roster problem) so he needs the fresh QB in there Seriously, there's one fix only as already stated: take control of all teams.

Last edited by baa7; 09-23-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have actually experienced the exact opposite occuring more often: a player would recieve a serious injury that would supposedly sideline the player for more than a week, and then I see him in the starting lineup the following week, playing!

I just chalk it up to "playing through the injury" but I feel where you are comming from with your problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #6
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i feel fortunate. i have played through about 5 or 6 seasons and have only experienced a few put returner issues with D-lineman and LB's in the wrong slot.

a few times i wondered why a backup was starting, but usually there was an injury or i didnt realize how old the starter was now in game years.

wow, i just realized this was my 1000th post. i need to re-evaluate how i spend my time.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:37 AM   #7
R**k**

OVR: 3

I just played a playoff game between Minnesota and Green Bay with one of the sets of updated rosters and Favre rode the pine while rookie Aaron Brooks started and lost the game.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:22 AM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars
I just played a playoff game between Minnesota and Green Bay with one of the sets of updated rosters and Favre rode the pine while rookie Aaron Brooks started and lost the game.
If it is xbox, use the editor and take control of your opponent before every game to fix these cpu gaffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »