Home

I was hopin for good news today

This is a discussion on I was hopin for good news today within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #25
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: I was hopin for good news today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
I'm a grown man, lol... so I'll "move on" and "forget about it", lol. All these people "in-the-know" can sit back and shake their heads at us poor rubes... but going by the above quote alone, there is no reason to do so... There is no way anybody would NOT think that some news would be released at X05 about a 2K football game.
Sometimes, No NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2005, 10:24 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
Sometimes, No NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.
true. And again, the only thing that people could legitimately laugh at is anyone who turned the above comments into "a fully customizable game from VC using that breakthrough Natural Motion technology with real physics to debut on the X360 this year."
Old 10-06-2005, 10:45 AM   #27
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

It's funny how when EA does the slightest thing wrong or fails to live up to some hype they are crucified but VC can do no wrong. If EA said the same comments and did not have anything to show imagine the sh@#storm...
Old 10-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
It's funny how when EA does the slightest thing wrong or fails to live up to some hype they are crucified but VC can do no wrong. If EA said the same comments and did not have anything to show imagine the sh@#storm...

You're kidding, right? There is a lot of anger at VC/Greg Thomas right now. Check the 2K forums if some of the threads are still there.

Given the persistent rumors about VC contacting retired players in OXM and EGM, having some claim to know a retired player who was contacted on various message boards, and it follows that the idea of a Legends football will not die. It won't until VC/2K Sports decides to put out an official release.

They have yet to do so, which indicates to me that there is some truth to the rumors.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:31 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
It's funny how when EA does the slightest thing wrong or fails to live up to some hype they are crucified but VC can do no wrong...
What do you think this whole thread is about? It's about disappointment--whether justified or not.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Sadly, it seems you ae right. I remember going through this same thing with Interplay Baseball 2000 a few years back. In terms of gameplay and animations it is almost on par with MVP 2005, and that was back in 1999. It took about a year or so for me to get over the fact that that series had been cancelled. Ironically, the game that got all of the consumers attention in its place was Triple Play.
Okay, Interplay Baseball 2000 was the worst looking and playing baseball game I have ever played.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #31
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
What it comes down to is that no matter what EA does they will always be crucified by everyone and no matter what VC does and they are defended in the process by fans they become fan boys even though we have seen with our own eyes since '99 what VC is capable of; INOVATION.

I think that Madden 360 looks nice and I hope that it plays just as it looks. People are expecting way too much these days. I can complain too about EA or about VC, but it doesn't get you anywhere but to blow off steam. The problem is that VC set the bar so high with NFL2K5 that we are all disappointed that features from that game which is going on over a year old has not shown up in the competition's games. What are you going to do.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 10-06-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Are you sure he didn't say "We've got some things going on that we can't wait to show. Just wait until X05." or "The team's working hard on getting our titles ready for the 360. Wait until X05." I could go on. The point is nobody said anything in any quote about anything new regarding a football game at X05... and sure enough, there wasn't anything new. I'm sorry if anyone is mad at me for saying it or mad at VC for not delivering it but it is what it is. People just shouldn't be reading into stuff. That was stated on page one of that 20 page thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »