Home

I guess its 5 more years with 2K5(long read)

This is a discussion on I guess its 5 more years with 2K5(long read) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I guess its 5 more years with 2K5(long read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
I really believe that they can sell well even without the ability to edit teams. I know that I would buy it. I am tired of spending 50$ for games that im going to play for a week and then trade them in. NFL 2K5 was one of the greatest games ever.

Have you ever noticed at EB or Gamestop that EA games are the most readily availible pre-played games on the shelves? I swear ppl buy those games based off the EA name alone, get bored with it quickly and trade it back in. Should'nt ppl be tired of wasting 50 bucks on a game that wont last them no more than a a month? Consumers in general need to become smarter shoppers and stop wasting they're money. Unfortunatly, ppl fall victim to marketing way to often.

As for a 2K football game of the future, I dont think it'll put a dent in Madden sells since most ppl would want a Pro game rather than a fictional game but if word of mouth is strong enough, it may catch on but nothing nearly as close as a few hundred thousand ppl.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #10
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
Madden360 will sell very well, but I have to agree with Graphik here. EA never took advantage of the Xbox because they choose the lowest common denominator in the PS2 because of a larger gaming base. Madden360 does look good but that's only because they have FINALLY used the power of a nextgen console the way it was supposed to be used. Madden on the Xbox should have been a graphical powerhouse to give 2K a run for the money. But the competition was never close.

I don't have high hopes for Madden. After all, this IS EA we're taking about. But the only saving grace for us is that we probably won't have to worry about Madden being ported over from inferior systems. The PS3 may have that worry.
Bubba4

I honestly believe that Madden 360 could of been developed on XBOX1. The game looks so much like a XBOX title its rediculous. This is the game we should of been playing 2 years ago or maybe even this year. This is the game that compares to 2K5 IMO. The 3-D stadiums look nice but the crowd as well as the crowd sounds is a joke.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the original poster. I have been playing football games for years with friends - Front Page Sports, Joe Montana, etc. and when Madden came out with the PS2 launch I was overwhelmed by it's graphics. What a huge leap from the PS1. I bought a PS2 (before I traded it in for XBOX) just because of Madden. After 4 years of the same thing, I found NFL2K5. It was the single most enjoyable game that I have ever played. I still play it with all of the updates made from people on this board. It is years ahead of Madden. I was so disappointed when I heard that those EA jerks got exclusive rights. I felt the same way when Front Page Sports decided to stop making its football series. I was so hoping that this next-gen Madden would blow me away like this last gen but after seeing the videos, it HAS to be the same game with a graphics and interface update. Every time I read an interview with Jeremy Strauser and he said that they started from scratch to code the game I could scream. This guy is lying through his teeth. All you need to do to see the truth is look at the gameplay videos. It's very unfortunate. So, here we are stuck for 5 more years of EASports adding Superstar mode, player editor, training camp, etc. each year to get the consumer to buy a game who's engine was created back in the last century (1999). I really hope Take 2 reads these boards and takes advantage of this opportunity. I really feel as long as they have the right gimmick (like Blitz), people will not care about the player's names. Come on, Take 2 it's time for you to take advantage of the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
The devs flatout lied about a "brand new, from the ground up engine".
That’s the real issue here, and what I think many people are actually angry and frustrated about.

Whether or not people like Madden or EA’s style of video football isn’t the issue, and I get a kick over how much hot air is wasted on that particular subject. No, the real issue and problem here is the video game industry isn’t subjected to many of the same business-practice standards that other industries and companies are subjected to. As you said, EA flat-out lied with their “all-new game engine, built from the ground up” comments. Other companies in other industries, making false claims of this sort would be hit with lawsuits or fined by the government, or at the very least would have consumer complaints filed against them ala the Better Business Bureau’s ‘Good Ethics Is Good Business’ standards.

And the same applies to 2K games. IMO, there’s not another gaming company out there that so consciously and uncaringly puts out broken games like 2K does. Imagine if car companies built cars where the steering wheel froze whenever you hit 50 mph. Or if only 4 of the 5 gears ever worked. They'd be SUED, and rightly so.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

It's so simple really...all they need to do is to release a new version...updated with some AI tweaks and animations. Make it generic but give us the tools to create NFL rosters, logos, uniforms, etc. It really would be 2 games in one. Play in fictional leagues or create/import 2006 NFL (based on all us modders out here)...

C
Old 11-07-2005, 03:35 PM   #14
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That’s the real issue here, and what I think many people are actually angry and frustrated about.

Whether or not people like Madden or EA’s style of video football isn’t the issue, and I get a kick over how much hot air is wasted on that particular subject. No, the real issue and problem here is the video game industry isn’t subjected to many of the same business-practice standards that other industries and companies are subjected to. As you said, EA flat-out lied with their “all-new game engine, built from the ground up” comments. Other companies in other industries, making false claims of this sort would be hit with lawsuits or fined by the government, or at the very least would have consumer complaints filed against them ala the Better Business Bureau’s ‘Good Ethics Is Good Business’ standards.

And the same applies to 2K games. IMO, there’s not another gaming company out there that so consciously and uncaringly puts out broken games like 2K does. Imagine if car companies built cars where the steering wheel froze whenever you hit 50 mph. Or if only 4 of the 5 gears ever worked. They'd be SUED, and rightly so.

I agree to some extent. EA has always thrown out false promises so that was expected. What was'nt expected was for them to purchase the NFL license and do a rush job for next-gen. This company can afford to make and distribute their very own console yet they continually scale back and reproduce every product they make with the same excuse of "we simply ran out of time". Hows about you hire enough ppl to get the job done. Or better yet, delay the game till everything is worked out.

As for VC, I think their problems stem from tryna out-do the competition. They simply put to much into their games for everything to be properly tested and quality assured. At least they have never made false claims. EA has no excuses for putting out games where one year, the offense is overpowered. Then next year, the defense is overpowered, then the next year, the special teams does'nt work then the next year, they finnally get the right balance BUT...the special teams is still out of wack.

I'm really starting to believe they botch games on purpose for consumers to buy they're game the next year in hopes that the flaws will be fixed, only to find out that something else is broken. VC/TT games are botched because they overdue the features. EA games have less features, less animations, less commentary and are less developed each year and their games still have vital problems. I wont be suprised to see that the offense is overpowered in the 360 version of Madden just so they can charge customers another 60 to buy a game where the defense is fixed and we're right back to where we started. Conspiracy believer? Yes I am. This happens every single console lifespan with EA so I cant help but think that this is done with intent. A company of this size should be able to make glitch-free, flawless games but what do they do? They give you a incomplete game and say "wait till next year".

I cant take it anymore. I'm one step closer to boycotting EA and all they're products. This has went on for far to long. For once I would just like for EA to tell me that I'm getting a mere roster update and a patched game at the reduced price of 30 bucks. Cause thats what each game since 2001 has been for the current gen. And this qualifies for all their titles with the exception of a few. And if anyone thinks all the things I'm saying is a bunch of croc, then I'm certainly not the only one running off at the mouth. These things have been said about EA for years. This next-gen IMO, is undeniable proof.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I've seen enough when I saw thos 4 gameplay vids. The only direction I'm waiting for is when Madden incorporates the ESPN license. Something tells me they will botch that as well. The devs flatout lied about a "brand new, from the ground up engine". How can something be built from the ground up and look/play exactly like its predecessor?

Anyways, after watching those vids, I immediately went to 2K5 again. I doubt that I'll be playing it for 5 more years but in the meantime, I will be playing it up until next fall. Its a shame a game from 2004 can trump a next-gen title. Whats even more sad is that it'll still sell just because its EA. That company is really putting a damper on my gaming experiences.
Yep that's been my problem all along. "From the ground up" yet they still have the same flaws etc...
I'm not even going to mention the video that was released and EA said the game would look even better that that.
2K5 will be my game this year once again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #16
Cik
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why should EA spend extra time and money perfecting the game knowing that
madden heads and casual gamers (who dont read reviews or visit gaming forums)
make them huge profit?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »