Home

2K Football Announcement Prediction

This is a discussion on 2K Football Announcement Prediction within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2005, 01:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
2K Football Announcement Prediction

I was thinking that we may hear something very soon about the 2K Football game in the works. I have no insider information, nor do I claim to. I was just mulling it over and thought that maybe they were still under contract with the NFL and/or ESPN. I have heard through sources including this forum that these agreements will expire on January 1st. It makes sense to me that given the contract they were bound to, they would be unable to promote a competing product. After January 1st they will be free to promote the New Game. Makes sense to me anyway...any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2005, 01:23 AM   #2
jmc
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: 2K Football Announcement Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyWint
I was thinking that we may hear something very soon about the 2K Football game in the works. I have no insider information, nor do I claim to. I was just mulling it over and thought that maybe they were still under contract with the NFL and/or ESPN. I have heard through sources including this forum that these agreements will expire on January 1st. It makes sense to me that given the contract they were bound to, they would be unable to promote a competing product. After January 1st they will be free to promote the New Game. Makes sense to me anyway...any thoughts?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Over at IGN in their EA Vs 2K article they say 2K isn't done with football yet. My bet is if they are making a new game is coming out on the X360 and PS3 only. I don't think we'll get any Xbox and PS2 love. I'll take any football love 2K can give at this point.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyWint
It makes sense to me that given the contract they were bound to, they would be unable to promote a competing product. After January 1st they will be free to promote the New Game.
Interesting hypothesis and we’ll see. However, a New Year’s resolution for a lot of people might be to simply give up on hoping, once and for all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »