Home

2k football will be back!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on 2k football will be back!!!!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
2k football will be back!!!!!!!!

Quote:
"We all know that 2K Sports & developer VC are no longer doing NFL football games thanks to the NFLs exclusive deal w/ rival EA sports. However, VC has not dropped the pigskin just yet. Rumors have been flying for a while now that the studio was working on an NFL legends game- which would only require licenses w/ individual players & not the league itself- & there may be other hints that VC is returning to the gridiron. The company's new logo features a number of rendered athletes representing the company's various franchises- including a football player of an unrecognizable team. Mistake or sign of the future?"
In the new game informer. Also the picture shows a 2k sports logo. A basketball player/ baseball player/ and yes a football player.

I hope they announce something soon...I miss my 2k football!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 2k football will be back!!!!!!!!

No offense, but as much as I'll love a 2K football game... I don't quite see what fun it will be with having Legends. Why not just have a generic 100% customizable football game to release in about two years?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-23-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No offense, but as much as I'll love a 2K football game... I don't quite see what fun it will be with having Legends. Why not just have a generic 100% customizable football game to release in about two years?
What I could stand seeing is if the legends were the coaches of the customizable teams, and depending on which legend you have it would make a slight increase in ratings in the spot that legend was best at. Just an idea, because if the legends are playable in a franchise, wouldnt they have to retire at some point? and if they cant retire, that would be lame...
Old 12-23-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Personally, I really don't want to see an NFL Legends game. It really just doesn't do anything for me. Like many of you, I'd MUCH RATHER see a fully customizable generic football game with top notch graphics, animation, and gameplay.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 12-23-2005, 04:06 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Actually, I don't know about you guys, but in the long run... I've really valued what EA and the NFL have done for us. First of all, whatever they put out, it will be of terrific quality. The time that they've had to develop it will be a completely large leap from 2K5 to whatever game they come out with.

Secondly, I play every game in my franchise on... on whatever game I have. ESPN NFL 2K5, ESPN NBA 2K5, MLB 2K5, NHL 2K6... whatever it is. Now, with the time between games that have been developed, I finally get to have a chance to finish a franchise for once. Or, at least, go very far in it. I cannot wait when the time comes that console games will allow importing franchises from games year-to-year. But until then, I am actually very satisfied that I am required to keep this game. If I wasn't, then unfortunately, it would be really hard not to.

Finally, EA and the NFL taught us how much we actually value this game, rather than gripe about it.

That's the end of my rant.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2005, 08:38 PM   #6
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Personally I would like to see a generic game as well instead of Legends game. Although if 2k gives us the quality that I am used to then I will be a happy camper
Old 12-23-2005, 08:52 PM   #7
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm sure they would put out a generic game if it would sell, but it wouldn't sell. They need a gimmick that would make the game profitable. A generic game wouldn't sell enough. Yah me and most of the people here would buy it. However they already have us they need the the consumer who is not that inot sim football. Not everyone sits here reading os boards and waiting for that next community roster. Most people have no idea you could get rosters online through message boards.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
What I could stand seeing is if the legends were the coaches of the customizable teams, and depending on which legend you have it would make a slight increase in ratings in the spot that legend was best at.
Wow I would of never thought of that. That would actually be kinda cool. Real NFL Legends as coaches and generic players? Kinda like the way Cyberball did it, pick your coach that is stronger in certain aspects. If they do go that route I hope they have more coaching slots to fill then just head coach (ex; Head Coach, Defensive, Offensive, QB, etc) I hope they have cool teams like Blitz the League has.
I am at the point where I no longer have to mimic the NFL season/players. I can go with something different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »