Home

YAC need help!!!!!

This is a discussion on YAC need help!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
YAC need help!!!!!

Anyone know if there is anything that can be done about this? 80% of the time as soon as you catch it you go down. This is an area were Madden was actually better. Any help would be nice
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: YAC need help!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Anyone know if there is anything that can be done about this? 80% of the time as soon as you catch it you go down. This is an area were Madden was actually better. Any help would be nice
Thanks
Lots of info here on the board on editing attributes, but DBs have to have their acceleration rating lowered a minimum of 20 points. That will help.

The bottom line is you cannot get this game to look right, feel right, or play right without editing player attributes...and unfortunately that goes for all positions.

C
Old 02-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Lots of info here on the board on editing attributes, but DBs have to have their acceleration rating lowered a minimum of 20 points. That will help.

The bottom line is you cannot get this game to look right, feel right, or play right without editing player attributes...and unfortunately that goes for all positions.

C

but fortunately we have the finn editor just for such occasions
Old 02-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

C

Thier is no acceleration rating do you mean agility
Old 02-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Thier is no acceleration rating do you mean agility
Agility is correct. The lower the Agility, the slower the DB is in closing on the receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

When I recently asked something about this, i was told it was fatigue that factored in the most. i would think agility would meen the players ability to be light on thier feet and cut and juke. This is a very frustrating part of the game for me too. You burn the DB should break away but no, you are caught 4 yards later by someone that should be slower than your reciever. Very frustraying.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
When I recently asked something about this, i was told it was fatigue that factored in the most. i would think agility would meen the players ability to be light on thier feet and cut and juke. This is a very frustrating part of the game for me too. You burn the DB should break away but no, you are caught 4 yards later by someone that should be slower than your reciever. Very frustraying.
I know Fatigue is a factor, but what happens with Agility lowered is the DB can't cut as quickly, and tends to lose a step or two on the receiver -- just enough space to allow the receiver to catch the ball and have a chance to pick up some YAC.

The real problem here IMO is the receiver's catch animation is too long, and by the time the animation completes itself, the DB has had the time to close in. So any ratings edits here are really 'cheats' that are used to offset the imperfect animation programming.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
This is a very frustrating part of the game for me too. You burn the DB should break away but no, you are caught 4 yards later by someone that should be slower than your reciever. Very frustraying.
This is a separate issue IMO. The speed of CPU DB's and User receivers isn't programmed equally or evenly. Simply put, the CPU has a speed advantage. You can test this by raising User receiver speed to 90, and CPU DB speed to 75. What you'll see is the CPU DB's will still keep up with your 90-rated receivers. It's only when you lower the CPU DB's speed to less than 75 or so that the 90-rated receivers start having a noticable speed advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »