Home

Need help, please

This is a discussion on Need help, please within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Need help, please

Hi everybody.

I am new to NFL 2k5, football and this forum. I wondered if someone can clarify some issues (I play on Xbox):

1) Is it possible to edit rosters/players once I have started a franchise? I would want to edit such things as positions and equipment. I have heard of Finn's editor. Does it do it? If yes, what is the latest version of it?

2) At the end of my first season I found the Rookie Watch section where I could, in theory, edit draft prospects. But when I wanted to edit a name, I got a message to the effect that the current roster is full and can't be edited. What was that?

3) In combines, each player gets some evaluation mark (the last column). Which player is ranked higher -- with a larger number (e.g. 3.8) or a smaller number (e.g. 2.3)?

4) How and when (e.g. off-season?) do players' attributes improve? what influences them? I know that they can be improved through weekly training but that's only temporary.

5) On higher levels (staring All-pro), my WRs, even Randy Moss, cannot gain any ground on a defender. It should be harder to a WR to receive a ball, but when a player like Randy Moss catches a ball in stride and a few metres ahead of a CB, no CB should be able to catch him. Is it possible to play on a higher level with good AI coverage but with realistic speed settings?

Thanks in advance.

Vlad

Last edited by vladiator; 02-18-2006 at 04:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Need help, please

Damn it I killed the forum... Only one message elsewhere since my original message.

If I came to a wrong forum with these questions, can someone direct me to a forum where they discuss this kind of stuff?
Old 02-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Hi everybody.

I am new to NFL 2k5, football and this forum. I wondered if someone can clarify some issues (I play on Xbox):
1) Is it possible to edit rosters/players once I have started a franchise? I would want to edit such things as positions and equipment. I have heard of Finn's editor. Does it do it? If yes, what is the latest version of it?

Yes, all that is possible. The editor is used in conjunction with an Action Replay, which you can find at any game store. The latest version of the editor can be found here:

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

2) At the end of my first season I found the Rookie Watch section where I could, in theory, edit draft prospects. But when I wanted to edit a name, I got a message to the effect that the current roster is full and can't be edited. What was that?

Not too sure about this, but since you can do that with the editor, it shouldn't be a problem for you.

3) In combines, each player gets some evaluation mark (the last column). Which player is ranked higher -- with a larger number (e.g. 3.8) or a smaller number (e.g. 2.3)?

I imagine you're talking about GPA [Grade Point Avg]... that's put in there to give you a gauge of how "smart" the player was in college. Players with higher GPA's tend to have a bit higher ratings and improve faster than others. (i.e. A quaterback with a high gpa usually has a good PRC rating.)

4) How and when (e.g. off-season?) do players' attributes improve? what influences them? I know that they can be improved through weekly training but that's only temporary.

After the pre-season, depending on how good a pre-season the team had. Also, sometime after the trade deadline (weeks 6-8), and of course, at the end of the season. Also, weekly prep is NOT temporary. It may seem like they go right back down after the game, but truth is that on some weeks the player ratings remain that way, and go up even higher the next week. And vice-versa with the older players. Check your player progess under "Front Office" at the end of the season to see what I mean.

5) On higher levels (staring All-pro), my WRs, even Randy Moss, cannot gain any ground on a defender. It should be harder to a WR to receive a ball, but when a player like Randy Moss catches a ball in stride and a few metres ahead of a CB, no CB should be able to catch him. Is it possible to play on a higher level with good AI coverage but with realistic speed settings?

Well, this is exactly the same gripe I had with the game when I started playing on Legendary. Some sliders, such as the Human/CPU Running slider, basically makes your RB move slower, which is unfair. So if you ask me, there's two ways to play the game on hard and actually have it be fair:

1) My sliders... basically, the CPU sliders are all bumped up to max besides running and fatigue, and pretty much everything is the same as legendary for human sliders except running, which is equal to the CPU. Some may think this makes it too easy to run, but since CPU Pursuit is maxed out, I feel it's fair. I play 5 min/qtr since I have a 5 team franchise going on with my friends at college so we can't afford to play 10 min/15 min qtrs. IMO, these are the perfect settings for a human vs human game, as long as both players know how to stop the run. And by the way, Performance EQ is ON, and if you are playing primarily against the CPU, turn the Interceptions to zero.

2) The infamous "Zero Slider" setup, which is not made by me, but by Rickster, these seem to work perfectly for human vs cpu and cpu vs cpu games. Equalizer is off on this one, and the interceptions are at zero.

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
The settings files are below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_MySettings.zip (9.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_ZeroSlider.zip (8.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-18-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

"2) At the end of my first season I found the Rookie Watch section where I could, in theory, edit draft prospects. But when I wanted to edit a name, I got a message to the effect that the current roster is full and can't be edited. What was that?"

The file that you're using had the names renamed in-game but there's a limit on it. Once you reach the limit, you cant edit the file in-game anymore. Thankfully, Finn's editor eliminates this problem.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
Rookie

thank you, Flipmo23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2006, 05:59 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladiator
thank you, Flipmo23
And Dan is chopped liver...?

Last edited by baa7; 02-19-2006 at 06:03 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:07 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladiator
Damn it I killed the forum... Only one message elsewhere since my original message.

If I came to a wrong forum with these questions, can someone direct me to a forum where they discuss this kind of stuff?
This forum -- 2K football -- is slow for obvious reasons.

As for your second comment: I believe they discuss "new football game" stuff somewhere here at OS, and over at Madden Mania and sites like that.

Last edited by baa7; 02-19-2006 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Ooops, sorry Dan. I didn't see your post; I guess you replied within the period of me hitting the Reply and Submit buttons. Thank you and baa as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »