Home

Loving 2K5 All Over Again! Help w/ AR Rosters?

This is a discussion on Loving 2K5 All Over Again! Help w/ AR Rosters? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Talking Loving 2K5 All Over Again! Help w/ AR Rosters?

I hadn't played 2k5 in nearly nine months and have recently returned to these forums - only to discover the joy of the magnificent rajda/rspencer86 slider settings. Man! This has totally brought this great game back to life for me! The gameplay is better than ever, even more sim than I remember from the default All-Pro I used to play.

Now I am jonesing bad for updated rosters. I've been working all day trying to edit my franchise rookies to mimic what my Dolphins look like now; but no luck. I really could use some help.

..And once again I discover what OS has already figured out: updated rosters using Action Replay. So now I'm on EBay looking to close the deal on one of these puppies!

My question is, what will I need to do to get my 2K5 up-to-date with all the latest rosters and the incoming 2006 rookie class? Can anyone give me a brief rundown of which downloadale rosters are most objectively sim? Is there anything special I need to do to get these files loaded to my Xbox HD?

Your help is much appreciated. It's good to be back!

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Loving 2K5 All Over Again! Help w/ AR Rosters?

Well, there's a couple of really good rosters on this forum, on the rosters page : http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...splay.php?f=67

There are a bunch of threads with new rosters, some have "global edits" [basically player rating edits that apply to ALL players of the same position, such as all QBs have a minumum Pass Accuracy rating, etc] that some believe allow for a better, more sim experience. Others are straight roster updates with tweaks for individual players [i.e. Big Ben's ratings upgraded, etc].

As far as the 2006 draft class, there are no current roster files with the rookies for next year as far as I know, but there are alot of ppl working on it.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 02-21-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_17
I hadn't played 2k5 in nearly nine months and have recently returned to these forums - only to discover the joy of the magnificent rajda/rspencer86 slider settings. Man! This has totally brought this great game back to life for me! The gameplay is better than ever, even more sim than I remember from the default All-Pro I used to play.

Now I am jonesing bad for updated rosters. I've been working all day trying to edit my franchise rookies to mimic what my Dolphins look like now; but no luck. I really could use some help.

..And once again I discover what OS has already figured out: updated rosters using Action Replay. So now I'm on EBay looking to close the deal on one of these puppies!

My question is, what will I need to do to get my 2K5 up-to-date with all the latest rosters and the incoming 2006 rookie class? Can anyone give me a brief rundown of which downloadale rosters are most objectively sim? Is there anything special I need to do to get these files loaded to my Xbox HD?

Your help is much appreciated. It's good to be back!
Welcome back.

All you really need is an AR and Finn's editor. Then, you're good to go. If you go to the rosters section, you'll find several roster updates including mine.

I'm in the process of creating a franchise file that will include an already done Draft Class that will include 380 rookies such as Bush, Leinart, Ferguson, etc. and should be available within two weeks. I'm going to start creating the players themselves and the equipment this weekend. Then, I'll adjust the ratings after the NFL Combine according to nfldraftcountdown.com's rankings. The rookies will be rated from either 40 or 50 (I havent decide yet) to 82.

The higher the rating, the higher the round the player will be taken when you're in the Draft. I'm also working on the 2006 schedule and hope to have that ready when I release the franchise file. If not, it would be released a week or so later once I get to the 2006 regular season in my franchise.

Just make sure you download Finn's editor (link below) or you wont be able to load the schedule or do any editing while you're playing a franchise.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Also, in September when the NFL's final cuts occur, I'll be making a 2006 final cuts / opening kickoff roster and I already have plans for it that will simply crush and blow away my 2005 final cuts / opening kickoff roster.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Welcome back.

All you really need is an AR and Finn's editor. Then, you're good to go. If you go to the rosters section, you'll find several roster updates including mine.

I'm in the process of creating a franchise file that will include an already done Draft Class that will include 380 rookies such as Bush, Leinart, Ferguson, etc. and should be available within two weeks. I'm going to start creating the players themselves and the equipment this weekend. Then, I'll adjust the ratings after the NFL Combine according to nfldraftcountdown.com's rankings. The rookies will be rated from either 40 or 50 (I havent decide yet) to 82.

The higher the rating, the higher the round the player will be taken when you're in the Draft. I'm also working on the 2006 schedule and hope to have that ready when I release the franchise file. If not, it would be released a week or so later once I get to the 2006 regular season in my franchise.

Just make sure you download Finn's editor (link below) or you wont be able to load the schedule or do any editing while you're playing a franchise.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Also, in September when the NFL's final cuts occur, I'll be making a 2006 final cuts / opening kickoff roster and I already have plans for it that will simply crush and blow away my 2005 final cuts / opening kickoff roster.
Thanks for the info, Dan. I got my Action Replay today and downloaded some saves from codemasters.com. I don't know how this will work, though. I have Finn's editor, but am not sure how to proceed. Do I just load a roster and start a new franchise? What do you mean when you say I must "load the schedules or do any editing"?

Thanks.

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_17
Thanks for the info, Dan. I got my Action Replay today and downloaded some saves from codemasters.com. I don't know how this will work, though. I have Finn's editor, but am not sure how to proceed. Do I just load a roster and start a new franchise? What do you mean when you say I must "load the schedules or do any editing"?

Thanks.
Go here bud. Everything that you need to know is posted here -

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=25095936

If you have any other questions or problems, just post them and I'll try to help you the best I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »