Home

New 2K7 Game Release

This is a discussion on New 2K7 Game Release within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: New 2K7 Game Release

IMO I'd like to see 2K move forward in a football direction even if it's just college football. Think about it, college football would be welcomed with open arms by all platforms as well as O.S. da' Spot. A college football game 2K would IMO excel or if not beyond EA. EA's version was ok, but I always thought what if it was a 2K series? In fact IMO it would be more enjoyable than both EA games combined. So ask yourselves who really needs names if in fact they can or do produce a college football game. IMO if it's rosters that worries us I really think the O.S. fan base has that department covered and covered well. Sorry to step on any EA toes, but the proof has been in the threads. I'm still playing my version of 2k5 due to the simple fact that it's just still a very enjoyable game hands down So if it's a release I hope it's college football my friends
Old 04-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA owns the rights to NCAA Football too....
Old 04-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #11
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by writinguy
Well if that's the case I don't think I'll feed into a game with imaginary teams like the Miami Wave or the Tampa Bay Pirates IMO it wouldn't feed my hunger for what I've been so accustom too which happens to be real NCAA and NFL football with happens to be an American tradtion. I can and will use my imagination, but not beyond the realm of what has been carved in stone since the pigskin was invented. On a side note I'm not nor will I rule out playing an EA based football game of next season, but I do have game aspects that I liked so much in 2K5 that EA just dropped the ball again to meet in 06' which lead me marching back down to my local GameStop after a few weeks to return it for a future game of my choice which happened to be NBA 2k6. The bottom line is if 2K can't meet it's fan base alone then maybe they should sit down and work something out with EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #12
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnumber24
If 2k could make a college football game they would, but since they can't there is no point of making a football game with no real players because people wouldn't wanna play a football game like that. Look at blitz, at first it was a strong buzz about it but then it died down because there were no real players or stadiums
I want a College or Pro football game with real players(NFL) College players are no big deal because 2K has added a random player name database to it college basketball series so I wouldn't expect any less my friend.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:55 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
It's funny how y'all call EA Sports lazy, yet when 2K bought the MLB liscense, they made a College Baseball game. 2K can easily make a fully editable football title, if they wanted to.

Dude, you actually make a really good point. I'm disappointed that 2K Sports is falling off with thier football options. Why not just put out a game without any logos and let you customize your own game? Are they smoking crack over there or what?
Old 04-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by writinguy
EA owns the writes to anything made out of pigskin....actually I think they own my house too...Damn, no wonder my power goes out every time I pop in 2k5 in the old black suitcase oven.

I bought and sold Madden 2K6 for Xbox 360. All hail hackers who let me burn copies of Madden on my hard drive. EA executives should be burned at the stake.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:57 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
It's funny how y'all call EA Sports lazy, yet when 2K bought the MLB liscense, they made a College Baseball game. 2K can easily make a fully editable football title, if they wanted to.

I agree to a certain extent, VC/2K seems to have made no effort to try a generic football game. However, EA tried a COLLEGE baseball game, and at least had real teams/logos and in theory a ready market for the game.

I'd gladly play a generic football game by VC, and so would a few hundred thousands other 2K fans, but I can see it being a tough sell to the casual consumer/football gamer. Blitz The League had the hook of being over-the-top with violence, drugs, and bad language. That was a selling point for many.

Maybe if you could edit the Legends game into a version of the NFL, and download those custom rosters with an ActionReplay type memory card. Once word got around about that, it could sell the game beyond the VC fans. Maybe.

I just want to see VC/2K give it a shot, even if just for ONE year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #16
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

I've said all along, IF 2k is putting out a generic game it will be after the release of PS3/Revolution or whatever it will be called. They wouldn't risk putting it out there with just the 360 out.

I do think they will give it a shot though and see if it pans out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »