Home

PS2 Drop Glitching

This is a discussion on PS2 Drop Glitching within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
PS2 Drop Glitching

This is for PS2 online players. Some of you are aware of this, but probably many of you are not. Definitely we all face our share of halftime glitchers, but there is actually a way to drop glitch on the PS2. I am not going to elaborate because I don't want more people knowing how to do it, but I would like to make people aware so that they can rate the gamers who do this no sim and give the rest of us a heads up. Unlike on XBox live?, everyone is rated on PS2 and it is very useful. I never play anyone with a no sim rating and for the most part in that way I can avoid games with lots of cheese and/or cheating.

Here is how you know if you got drop glitched on PS2.

The screen will freeze for about 10-15 seconds. The game will resume for maybe a second or two and then the drop timer will start counting down. Here's the problem. When you look at your record, even though your opponent dropped, your rank is now worse and his is better. If you look at each person's profile, you have both been credited with a "win" (although of course your rank is now worse, just as if you'd lost the last game). This is even worse than your standard XBox drop glitch. At least there the game doesn't count one way or another. Here, you win a game but your opponent gets your win and you get his loss!

If you think someone has done this to you, here is how you can be sure.

1. The most obvious way is that your record should never go down because your opponent drops. If this happens, he has drop glitched you. Sometimes after a drop, it takes a little while for the server to register the drop, and your record will appear the same. Either logout and back in, or create a game, scroll to your name, and hit select. Your real record will appear there.

2. Look at your opponent's record. In a normal drop situation, your last 4 games profile (on the right side of the profile screen) will show that you won the last game. The game will not appear on his at all, but his record will be worse. If his last game played is listed as a win over you, he has dropped glitched you.

I have written this because I think that many gamers see the drop and assume it is a drop just like any other, especially since when you create your next game, the effects of the drop don't show up until you sign out and back in, or until you push select and view your profile. Then you play another game, and if you win, your rank decreases for the drop glitch, but increases for the win so it just looks like the win only increased your rank a little. If you lose the next game, you figure it just hit your rank pretty hard. The point is I don't think most people realize when this is done to them. So check it out and vote these people no sim so we can avoid them in the future.

The only way to avoid drop glitchers is to be look at people's profiles and to be leary if you see someone with average or below average stats, but lots of wins and few, if any losses. For example, if someone has a pass completion % lower than 55%, or a 3rd down completion % lower than 45% or something like that, but he is 8-0 or better, I would not play him, because his stats just don't match his record. Most top 200 players have a pass completion near 60% and a 3rd down conversion near 55-60% as well.

BTW, why do people drop at all? The computer registers it as a win for you and a loss for your opponent. What is the difference whether you drop or quit (on PS2)? Do people just not know that a drop affects both your rank and your opponents the same as a quit? I don't mind drops for this reason, but I have been very curious about this for a long time, so maybe someone who drops can fill me in.

I do know that I will drop if I am losing and he decides to be a pri ck, pausing the game to look at replays or stats, and therefore preventing me from quitting. Someone did this to me at the end of a game I lost. Before the computer retrieved our user records, he paused it and started showing me all his stats and ****. ***hole.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »