Home

Is the EA Exclusivity Deal preventing 360 BC?

This is a discussion on Is the EA Exclusivity Deal preventing 360 BC? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #9
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Icon14 Re: Is the EA Exclusivity Deal preventing 360 BC?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm

Here is the latest list of xbox games that are BC on 360... good news is

NFL Blitz 2002,2003 and 2004 are BC, which means nothing is in violation with NFL to make an old game compatible.

Also NBA Live 2004 is BC so 2K could have issue with that if there was a legal reason... we can all just hope that NFL 2K5 will make the list soon with xbox live support.

Email them and let our voice be heard

"Q: How do I give my feedback to the team?

A: E-mail [email protected] We read every e-mail sent to this address. Your feedback makes a difference! We value your feedback and use it to help us identify issues and prioritize our next round of titles. We're sorry that we aren't able to reply to everyone directly"
Old 06-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Is the EA Exclusivity Deal preventing 360 BC?

No. If the answer is yes, then the same should be said about 2K holding up the BC for EA's baseball game MVP.

Frankly, getting games to be BC isn't an easy task for developers on the 360. So many things need to be coded so the game will actually work how it was intended to work. Not to mention that MS hasn't exactly done a great job with BC overall (although I think BC is vastly overrated IMO).
Old 06-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #11
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

"(although I think BC is vastly overrated IMO)"

This may have been the case prior to sony announcing resently that the ps3 will have hardware built in to play all ps2 games. Now the heat is surely on microsoft to have as many BC games as possible by the time the ps3 is lauched.

This can only help our chances of having NFL 2K5 join the list soon, i'd personally love to play that game on my 360.

Of course according to this link EVERY xbox game will eventually be BC

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl.../06/12/2039254

Last edited by xylocaine; 06-19-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2006, 10:45 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
"(although I think BC is vastly overrated IMO)"

This may have been the case prior to sony announcing resently that the ps3 will have hardware built in to play all ps2 games. Now the heat is surely on microsoft to have as many BC games as possible by the time the ps3 is lauched.

This can only help our chances of having NFL 2K5 join the list soon, i'd personally love to play that game on my 360.
Personally I don't really care about BC that much, but I know other's do and can understand why people with a 360 who want BC are upset.

I wholeheartedly agree that Microsoft is really doing a poor job with BC. I really thought there would be more BC games at this point. Not sure what Microsoft is thinking or if they even care about BC at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »