Home

Wierd Rookie Names

This is a discussion on Wierd Rookie Names within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2006, 01:48 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Wierd Rookie Names

I was just playin through a franchise today and I saw a TE whose name was "Rodney King". I couldn't believe it, I had really never seen Rodney or King used in the Rookie Report rookies. This guy also went to Sega University, which is a very rare school for rookies. Just thought I would see if anyone else had any popular names or uncommon names go through the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Wierd Rookie Names

How bout this for weird? My co-workers' name is Christina Penn. She is a white girl from Virginia. So when the rookie report comes up, there is a white guy named Chris Penn. He is a WR out of Virginia Tech. The real funny thing is that Virginia Tech is only a couple of hours away from her home and she attended there for awhile.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antglover1972
How bout this for weird? My co-workers' name is Christina Penn. She is a white girl from Virginia. So when the rookie report comes up, there is a white guy named Chris Penn. He is a WR out of Virginia Tech. The real funny thing is that Virginia Tech is only a couple of hours away from her home and she attended there for awhile.
Wow, that is wierd. I haven't see the last name Penn in the rookie report I don't think. Wasn't Shawn Penn's brother also named Chris Penn?
Old 07-18-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
I was just playin through a franchise today and I saw a TE whose name was "Rodney King". I couldn't believe it, I had really never seen Rodney or King used in the Rookie Report rookies. This guy also went to Sega University, which is a very rare school for rookies. Just thought I would see if anyone else had any popular names or uncommon names go through the draft.
After putting in hundreds of hours into this game, I've seen just a few interesting names come through. I've seen a couple real NFL player names come through: I think Jeff Blake and Tim McDonald were the only ones I've seen. I've also seen a Cary Collins that was a QB, though the real one spells his name Kerry. But the one that I liked best was when "Don King" was in my draft class.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
After putting in hundreds of hours into this game, I've seen just a few interesting names come through. I've seen a couple real NFL player names come through: I think Jeff Blake and Tim McDonald were the only ones I've seen. I've also seen a Cary Collins that was a QB, though the real one spells his name Kerry. But the one that I liked best was when "Don King" was in my draft class.
You know I would have to say that I had a Don King also. I am pretty sure he was in there. I know I had some other ones but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I'll keep an eye out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

In my current franchise, there's a defensive end in the draft class with the first name Billy. However, he has no last name. He is simply "Billy", I guess.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had a Curtis Jackson in my draft class (50 Cent).
Old 07-18-2006, 11:22 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
In my current franchise, there's a defensive end in the draft class with the first name Billy. However, he has no last name. He is simply "Billy", I guess.
That is wierd man, I have never seen that before. Are you sure your little sister didn't get on your game and edit some stuff. J/k. Sweet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »