Home

Is there anyway to create your own plays?

This is a discussion on Is there anyway to create your own plays? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Is there anyway to create your own plays?

Not having a create-a-play in this game doesn't bother me at all. I've got a custome playbook, and there are so many plays to choose from that you don't really need to create your own.

I also do what the others have already mentioned. I have a couple plays in my playbook that I ALWAYS change 1-2 guys' routes on, so it's essentially my own play.

It's really amazing how many different formations and plays 2k5 has...on both sides of the ball. Everytime I revert back to Madden (I know, why would I want to do that), it astounds me how limited the playbooks are in comparison to 2K5.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 20

Yep, you're spot-on, Matt.

One of my favorite things to do is to run a slot receiver in motion to the other side of the field when the defense is playing zone and then run him on a quick out or outside slant Hot Route when the other receiver on that side is covered by the CB. Usually the Hot Route is very effective because the linebacker who is near the Hot Routed receiver can't stay with him. It's even more effective when that linebacker is blitzing, leaving the Hot Routed receiver wide open!

NFL 2K5 is a phenomenal game. It is the pinnacle of football videogaming, in my opinion.

Take care,
PK

Last edited by pk500; 08-03-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Not having a create-a-play in this game doesn't bother me at all. I've got a custome playbook, and there are so many plays to choose from that you don't really need to create your own.

I also do what the others have already mentioned. I have a couple plays in my playbook that I ALWAYS change 1-2 guys' routes on, so it's essentially my own play.

It's really amazing how many different formations and plays 2k5 has...on both sides of the ball. Everytime I revert back to Madden (I know, why would I want to do that), it astounds me how limited the playbooks are in comparison to 2K5.

I pretty much agree with you guy also, there are many many varations to the plays already there and I try to use a variety of formation, motions ect.

Thats why I play at 10 minutes I need that time to get some match-ups or blitz pick-ups before that snap and don't forget the "Hot" routes!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "Jack Bauer".
— Rod Serling
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »