Home

Next Gen 2k5

This is a discussion on Next Gen 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

paysworld's Arena

OVR: 8
Next Gen 2k5

Talking about next generation gaming, 2k5 was next gen before anyone realized it. Next Gen features yet to be implemented:

Presentation (pre game, halftime show, end of game recap, weekly sportscenter, draft show, superbowl celebration on, and on and on.

Infinite Saved Replays

Injury cutscenes that makes sense

play by play, color and sideline and studio commentary.

Outstanding replays on sacks, touchdowns, interceptions ect... and The ability to replay every single play.

Gang tackling

Referees on the field, a real chain gang

Challenges that makes sense

old school unis

Great Games feature

VIP

A beautiful running game

quarterback dropsteps

line of scrimmage battles

Cribs, ect...

These are the things that I want to see in next gen sportsgaming, until then, thank you Flying Finn for your wonderful editor, allowing me to enjoy all these features with updated rosters and the 2006-2007 season with salary cap to boot.

I have played the other 360 games out there, have enjoyed them on occasion, but I keep coming back to old faithful.Anyone else feels the same way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Next Gen 2k5

I have 2k5 but to tell you the truth I haven't even thought about it since I got ncaa 07 for 360. NCAA07 is next gen! it has its problems but what game doesn't? I'll tell you this: I don't think I going to play 2k5 anymore, especially after the madden 07 360 comes out. The ONLY thing that 2k5 does better that I miss is the weekly wrap up each week in the frachise mode. I don't need the "crib" never used it in 2k5... If i want to have a "crib" in a game I would buy the sims or something like it. I'll end with this: I wish 2k could make a nfl game, I had both madden and 2k on xbox, I wish I could see what 2k could do with the 360...

One other thing I saw in your post I agree with was the drops for the qb, that makes the game feel more like "real" football. You can't really run back 50 yards and toss it up. But as long as you don't play ******s online its not much of a factor in ncaa.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team

Last edited by plasticbeast; 08-04-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbeast
The ONLY thing that 2k5 does better that I miss is the weekly wrap up each week in the frachise mode.
In my opinion NCAA 07 is a good game, while 2K5 is still a great game. You don't miss the gang tackling, near perfect running game, or ESPN presentation?
Old 08-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I have 2k5 but to tell you the truth I haven't even thought about it since I got ncaa 07 for 360. NCAA07 is next gen! it has its problems but what game doesn't? I'll tell you this: I don't think I going to play 2k5 anymore, especially after the madden 07 360 comes out. The ONLY thing that 2k5 does better that I miss is the weekly wrap up each week in the frachise mode. I don't need the "crib" never used it in 2k5... If i want to have a "crib" in a game I would buy the sims or something like it. I'll end with this: I wish 2k could make a nfl game, I had both madden and 2k on xbox, I wish I could see what 2k could do with the 360...

One other thing I saw in your post I agree with was the drops for the qb, that makes the game feel more like "real" football. You can't really run back 50 yards and toss it up. But as long as you don't play ******s online its not much of a factor in ncaa.

I hated NCAA 07, it felt nothing like a next gen game. The stadiums and hlemets were nice but everything else graphic wise was bleh. The gameplay may have been solid but the lack of a presentation put me to sleep. Also, the unforgiving cheat logic is still in so thats really a no-no for me.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I hated NCAA 07, it felt nothing like a next gen game. The stadiums and hlemets were nice but everything else graphic wise was bleh. The gameplay may have been solid but the lack of a presentation put me to sleep. Also, the unforgiving cheat logic is still in so thats really a no-no for me.
co-sign....already returned my back to the store and reserved NBA 2k7, and picked up Prey.....

NCAA 07 was fun for like 5 days, and after that, it just sucked. I just kept playing to get the achievement points...But the game just never felt right, nor looked right....It was the first game to look horrible on my DLP....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #6
Rookie

paysworld's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

The crib is so much more than what you have described, I'm talking about the achievements, and so forth.

I remember the cornerback play being pretty poor in 2k5 prior to Finn's editor , but wow playing ncaa and attempting to cover the corner routes makes those db's from 2k look like Deion Sanders in his prime.

NCAA, is a decent enough game, it would of been a great game if VC's other brand of football never existed, that's all I'm saying.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by paysworld
I have played the other 360 games out there, have enjoyed them on occasion, but I keep coming back to old faithful.Anyone else feels the same way
I get out the duster and clean off the 360 every week or so, just in case a next-gen sports game worth playing comes along at some point. I'm hoping I won't have to wait any longer than January when Winning Eleven comes out. Until then, 2K5 remains king of the consoles, last-gen OR next-gen.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
In my opinion NCAA 07 is a good game, while 2K5 is still a great game. You don't miss the gang tackling, near perfect running game, or ESPN presentation?
Or the swiss cheese DB AI, QB Spy that didn't work, and ridiculous CPU trades in Franchise mode?

NFL 2K5 was a very good game, but even that game had it's issues that people tend to forget about nowadays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »