Home

Quarter Length

This is a discussion on Quarter Length within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2006, 07:46 AM   #9
Rookie

DagsJT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Quarter Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
there was a thread in the NCAA section regarding the AI.. winning games and not giving you a chance.... I didn't post in the thread... but there are times with the game (madden or 2K5) seems to have a predetermined outcome.... it happens most often when you've killed you previous opponent 40 to 10....

you'll start a game with (receiving) kickoff/punt fumble... returned for a TD.... then on you next possession... you throw a INT for a runback TD..... your now down 14 zip... your 3rd series results in a 3 and out.... the opponent seems to be running on all cylinders... they complete every pass... they run for 8 or 9 yards a pop.... your D can't stop them for some reason.... you get the ball back then RB fumbles.... nothing seems to go right....

the AI just won't let you do anything... has this not happened to you...???
And I thought it was just me that thought this was going on, thought I sucked and buckled under the pressure or something But yea, I've noticed if the CPU is getting beat real bad, they suddenly step up five gears in the last quarter and come back amazingly!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:00 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
there was a thread in the NCAA section regarding the AI.. winning games and not giving you a chance.... I didn't post in the thread... but there are times with the game (madden or 2K5) seems to have a predetermined outcome.... it happens most often when you've killed you previous opponent 40 to 10....

you'll start a game with (receiving) kickoff/punt fumble... returned for a TD.... then on you next possession... you throw a INT for a runback TD..... your now down 14 zip... your 3rd series results in a 3 and out.... the opponent seems to be running on all cylinders... they complete every pass... they run for 8 or 9 yards a pop.... your D can't stop them for some reason.... you get the ball back then RB fumbles.... nothing seems to go right....

i cant say that is has............at least in a way were i felt cheated.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Oh yeah. It doesn't happen often enough to bug me all that much though. Different from a game like FIFA for example where it's ongoing throughout the game - now that's frustrating.

I was just kidding about the punting fumbles BTW
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
MVP

xrams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Oh yeah. It doesn't happen often enough to bug me all that much though. Different from a game like FIFA for example where it's ongoing throughout the game - now that's frustrating.

I was just kidding about the punting fumbles BTW
Baa... I really have no prob with how you post.... I know you were kidding.... the fact is, sometimes what makes sense to me will look dumb to others (post wise)....

Old 08-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
MVP

xrams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagsJT
And I thought it was just me that thought this was going on, thought I sucked and buckled under the pressure or something But yea, I've noticed if the CPU is getting beat real bad, they suddenly step up five gears in the last quarter and come back amazingly!
Dags.... this thing is, the AI can win without burying you... I mean, there are times when the game isn't even subtle about when it wants to win....

Old 08-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Dags.... this thing is, the AI can win without burying you... I mean, there are times when the game isn't even subtle about when it wants to win....
Anyone ever determine if EQ on or off has an affect on this? Seems EQ on might have an affect ala equalizing things (causing User fumbles, etc) in order to help the CPU get back in the game.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #15
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
how long does it take you to get in a game? at 7 min QTRs im usualy over an hour. i do still watch alot of the cutscenes and overlays so that adds to my time.
Over an hour, doesnt bother me. I wait till at least 10 seconds left on the play clock to snap and I watch a lot of cut scenes.

I usually have only been playing two games a day, I like having the longer ones.

As for stas, I am getting perfect stats using this long of quarters, the key is letting the play clock run down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #16
MVP

xrams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Anyone ever determine if EQ on or off has an affect on this? Seems EQ on might have an affect ala equalizing things (causing User fumbles, etc) in order to help the CPU get back in the game.
I don't think it makes a diff... I sure (after long debate in '04-05) about EQ on or Off... that the running consensus is the game play better with the EQ on.... I use to play with the EQ off... but after you get used to Playing 2k5... you need better comp from the AI, EQ on gives you that IMO...

PS... I'd like to add one more thing to this Quarter Length thread... there is nothing more satisfying in 2K5... than completing a 13 - 16 play (90 to 80 yrd) drive that last 4 to 5 min.... it's the best feeling in the world... you can't do that if the quarters are at 6 and 7 mins......

Last edited by xrams; 08-27-2006 at 04:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »