Home

what minute quarters/ skills level

This is a discussion on what minute quarters/ skills level within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
what minute quarters/ skills level

I have been playing coach pick at only 3 minutes per quarter on legend.

what do you guys play on??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: what minute quarters/ skills level

7 minute quarters on either Legend or on my custom difficulty that has a difficulty modifier of 1.79...it's a lot like Legend except I've bumped CPU passing and catching all the way, and human coverage down to 2 or 3 so CPU QB stats aren't horrendous. All of this is with EQ on...I really think EQ on makes the DB play more bearable.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
I have been playing coach pick at only 3 minutes per quarter on legend.

what do you guys play on??

You're kidding right three (3) minutes which isn't long enough for intos LOL, you can't even get qualifying games for the "Crib" at that length and its not very realistic!

The game itself requires you play at least eight (8) minutes in order to play games that count or qualify its the minimum according to the games programers and creators found in the game manuel.

I play a "Pro" style game usually ten (10) minutes because theres nothing more realistic to me then playing the game as realistic as possible and three (3) minutes just isn't going to cut it for me anyway.

I gotta keep it real and play Football...stat count and all this won't even approach numbers realistically at the low quarter time you're using and you'll never see things in the game that actual happen in real NFL games....at least try eight (8) you're selling yourself short by under playing a very realistic game using such ploys and tactics this is Football bro with eleven on eleven men playing on the "Grid Iron" not back yard or street alley antics its Football simulated on a very realistic level reflecting the game on the NFL level.

But to each his own and these are just my opinions but theres no way at three (3) minutes you're going to see a realistic Football game...video or real it just ain't gonna happen you need to up that quarter lenghth and get out there and play the game...the game of Football use my "Zero" slider suggestions or anyones just play something more realistic then three (3) minutes thats not playing realistic Football!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Old 09-15-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

ya 3 is short I have bumped it up to 4. Playing anything over 4 would give my #1 reciever way to many catches. Since the league leaders are at around 90 catches or so (I am simming at 6 minutes). I figure if I can get 40 offensive plays I am good with that. I know its not as many as NFL gets but it works for me. Shoot I wouldn't even be playing this game if it were not for you and the other roster makers!!

Last edited by liftheavy; 09-15-2006 at 06:28 PM. Reason: sp
Old 09-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

10 minute quarters with custom sliders, so far getting great results.

Like Rickster said, anything below 10 minutes just wouldnt work for me at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »