Home

Need you guys help..Graphic Debate

This is a discussion on Need you guys help..Graphic Debate within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #41
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Need you guys help..Graphic Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Oh please. You're comparing a close up from Madden to a wide shot in 2K??? You've got to be kidding me. That photo from 2K looks exactly like what happens after a TD. Compare a wide shot photo from Madden and see if it looks better then that 2K pic. I doubt that it will. I have posted a pic from Gamespot. The only actual close up that they had on their site. The face isnt that good but its 49ers safety Zach Bronson, not QB Dan Marino or Vikings WR Randy Moss, so the face not being as good as the top players is to be expected. However, I still think that the player model is better. Madden's player models look like 4 foot midgets on steroids. In other words, crappy.
That Zack Bronson pic looks like a Dog with a helmet on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13

I'll tell you what, though, the NFL2K5 vs. Madden 2007 comparison is a different animal:

NFL2K5:

Madden 2007 XBOX 360:

Old 02-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #43
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Yeah, I'm the one kidding you.

Look, I fully expect APF to look better. But you're talking about a game that was made 7 years ago on an inferior system! What 2K did was amazing, but to say it looks better is to be blind ot the truth.
Word- it'd be a miracle for a system two generations ago to compete graphically. That's like saying Madden 92 on the SNES had better graphics than Madden 01 on the PS2 (the two generation gap).

I think 2K5's animations and the player models are better than next-gen Madden's by a great deal. The close-ups are obviously better in Madden

Old 02-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #44
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Word- it'd be a miracle for a system two generations ago to compete graphically. That's like saying Madden 92 on the SNES had better graphics than Madden 01 on the PS2 (the two generation gap).

I think 2K5's animations and the player models are better than next-gen Madden's by a great deal. The close-ups are obviously better in Madden
It's the 1080i/720p factor as well. But what 2K did with NFL2K5 graphically back than was amazing!
Old 02-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #45
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Sure, all this....and I get a thread closed simply saying I saw more guys looking in the 2K threads again versus Madden. Go figure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 15

Oops, I made a mistake. I said the original NFL 2K on DC. I never played that one. I meant NFL 2K1 (the first 2K that had a franchise mode) on DC. I dont know how much (if any) of a difference there is but oh well.

Maybe im going a little overboard by saying that the 2K1 on DC was and still is superior in terms of graphics and visuals but when I played 2K1, it looked real the very first time I played it. I played it over RE: CV, Shenmue and Grandia 2.

When I played Madden 360 at Best Buy (and of course, they have it setup on an HDTV or Plasma) , it didnt impress me at all visually. The player models still looked like four foot midgets and they all still looked the same. The faces were horrible as well. Now, I never zoomed in since I cant play that way, but zoomed out, I quite simply wasnt impressed with Madden whatsoever.

I havent played 2007 for 360 / Wii / PS3 but I know that all three are running off the same core game engine that the original Madden 360 ran off of.

I apologize for posting misinformation in regards to saying 2K instead of 2K1 but personally, I still think that 2K1 is superior to Madden next gen in terms of graphics and visuals but hey, to each his own.

As for 2K5, I'll go on record right now by saying that it will look better then Madden ever will, period.

TRUTH.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:54 AM   #47
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't believe Madden Wii runs on the 360/PS3 engine.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 02-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #48
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I thought 2k had better graphics than 2k1,lol. 2k1 they made the player models more blocky and less detailed.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »